6 Howard Park | 39.95m | 10s | Lamb Dev Corp | a—A

ferusian

Member Bio
Reaction score
6 HOWARD PARK AVE
Ward 4: Parkdale-High Park

Development Applications

Project description:
Proposal for a 10-storey mixed-use building having a non-residential gross floor area of 377 square metres, and a residential gross floor area of 8130 square metres. A total of 128 residential dwelling units are proposed on the lot.

The site is currently an auto repair shop and is owned by Lamb Development Corp.

1619591496777.png

1619591912206.png

Attachments

• 1619591673132.png
    1619591673132.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 65

adHominem

Member Bio
Reaction score
This is a unique little intersection: two streetcar lines merging, retail strips on a few sides of the property, lots of well-liked neighbourhood hangouts. There's great potential to do something really special with the pedestrian & public realm.

Also, Lamb should have to keep the Master Mechanic sign, and keep its perpetual messages about how great dogs are.

Towered

Member Bio
Reaction score
@Towered is glad that we're going to have another opportunity for a flatiron here. ;)

Yes, I was just going to say this!! How did you know? ;)

I've been waiting for this announcement for years. Such an ugly corner tantalizingly displaying obvious flatiron potential...

Lamb is a scumbag, but he does tend to at least deliver good looking buildings, so my expectations are pretty high for this.

Give us another iconic flatiron, Brad! (modernist though)

junctionist

Member Bio
Reaction score
This is a unique little intersection: two streetcar lines merging, retail strips on a few sides of the property, lots of well-liked neighbourhood hangouts. There's great potential to do something really special with the pedestrian & public realm.

Also, Lamb should have to keep the Master Mechanic sign, and keep its perpetual messages about how great dogs are.

Two streetcar lines merging can also mean a lot of noise. Busy intersections are better suited for commercial uses due to noise and pollution. But an avenues-type building with several storeys and storefronts along the sidewalk would be more welcome here than a car lot or strip mall.

UtakataNoAnnex

Member Bio
Reaction score
Question now becomes does Lamb do flatirons? Most of his stuff seems pretty blocky and squared off. I suppose there's always a first time though.

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Question now becomes does Lamb do flatirons? Most of his stuff seems pretty blocky and squared off. I suppose there's always a first time though.

Lamb did have an earlier project at Carlaw & Dundas East in Leslieville called "Flatiron Lofts". ;)

flat.JPG