Toronto 6 Howard Park | 39.4m | 11s | Lamb Dev Corp | a—A

ferusian

Member Bio
Reaction score
6 HOWARD PARK AVE
Ward 4: Parkdale-High Park

Development Applications

Project description:
Proposal for a 10-storey mixed-use building having a non-residential gross floor area of 377 square metres, and a residential gross floor area of 8130 square metres. A total of 128 residential dwelling units are proposed on the lot.

The site is currently an auto repair shop and is owned by Lamb Development Corp.

1619591496777.png

1619591912206.png

Attachments

• 1619591673132.png
    1619591673132.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 148
This is a unique little intersection: two streetcar lines merging, retail strips on a few sides of the property, lots of well-liked neighbourhood hangouts. There's great potential to do something really special with the pedestrian & public realm.

Also, Lamb should have to keep the Master Mechanic sign, and keep its perpetual messages about how great dogs are.

@Towered is glad that we're going to have another opportunity for a flatiron here. ;)

Yes, I was just going to say this!! How did you know? ;)

I've been waiting for this announcement for years. Such an ugly corner tantalizingly displaying obvious flatiron potential...

Lamb is a scumbag, but he does tend to at least deliver good looking buildings, so my expectations are pretty high for this.

Give us another iconic flatiron, Brad! (modernist though)

This is a unique little intersection: two streetcar lines merging, retail strips on a few sides of the property, lots of well-liked neighbourhood hangouts. There's great potential to do something really special with the pedestrian & public realm.

Also, Lamb should have to keep the Master Mechanic sign, and keep its perpetual messages about how great dogs are.

Two streetcar lines merging can also mean a lot of noise. Busy intersections are better suited for commercial uses due to noise and pollution. But an avenues-type building with several storeys and storefronts along the sidewalk would be more welcome here than a car lot or strip mall.

Question now becomes does Lamb do flatirons? Most of his stuff seems pretty blocky and squared off. I suppose there's always a first time though.

Back