Toronto Rushden Station | 138.1m | 39s | Fitzrovia | bKL Architecture

Um. Here is the ownership and pricing. o_O

Assuming this is for residential development at ... $80/SF GFA in this location (?) they would have to be expecting 528,125 SF GFA of development potential. That is a 4.1 FSI over the site. However with a rail corridor setback of 20m + crash wall (65') or 30m (98') and the odd shape and limited site access, not to mention noise issues etc., I imagine it will require a creative site plan. Let's see what the plans show.

View attachment 217203

Metrolinx owns the parcels immediately west (the small rectangle labeled "6" fronting on Main St.), east (the medium parallelogram-ish labelled "8"), and south (rail corridor).

Which platform do you use to obtain this data, Geowarehouse?

Does anyone know the timeline for 6 Dawes?

(when the self-storage is going to be demolished, construction progress, topping out and completion?)

Does anyone know the timeline for 6 Dawes?

(when the self-storage is going to be demolished, construction progress, topping out and completion?)

You're new here, so you might not be familiar w/forum etiquette.

Bumping lots of threads (without having something new to add) is not good etiquette.

Most of the information that's available is already in the threads you're bumping.

Have a read.

If it's not there, it's probably not known at this time.

For the record, this one is still relatively early the planning process.

The preliminary report having gone to Council in February of this year.

It will take at least several more months (and maybe a lot longer) to work its way through the planning process.

IF it's approved, both for zoning and site plan; then the developer can move to marketing.

We are a long way from construction here.

You're new here, so you might not be familiar w/forum etiquette.

Bumping lots of threads (without having something new to add) is not good etiquette.

Most of the information that's available is already in the threads you're bumping.

Have a read.

If it's not there, it's probably not known at this time.

For the record, this one is still relatively early the planning process.

The preliminary report having gone to Council in February of this year.

It will take at least several more months (and maybe a lot longer) to work its way through the planning process.

IF it's approved, both for zoning and site plan; then the developer can move to marketing.

We are a long way from construction here.

There are some fair comments in here but I would not personally start with criticism. I would say welcome, we always appreciate new members, and here are some tips on how to get the most out of being a forum member.

Here is a link to the Application Information Centre which you can always search to get some update on what is happening: http://app.toronto.ca/AIC/index.do

Take a spin and let us know what questions you might still have.

There are some fair comments in here but I would not personally start with criticism. I would say welcome, we always appreciate new members, and here are some tips on how to get the most out of being a forum member.

Here is a link to the Application Information Centre which you can always search to get some update on what is happening: http://app.toronto.ca/AIC/index.do

Take a spin and let us know what questions you might still have.

I thought I was reasonably gentle.

Worth saying that was the third thread bump in less than 30 minutes; I only commented that way on the third one.

I agree, new members are to be welcomed, and I endeavour to be patient and helpful.

Perhaps I could have expressed that better.

I’m am just wondering does anyone know the expected completion date for this development?

OK, now I am going to agree with the user above and say you need to do a little research on your own.

Literally right above your first post, someone posted this website: https://6dawes.ca/

Which includes FAQ including regarding timelines.

Updated renderings and architectural plans from Jan. 15 resubmission:

BDP Quadrangle: 46 storeys (155.8 metres including MPH)

Site plan (West Block):

1610792126544.png

Site plan (East Block):

1610792154351.png

Renderings:

1610790052047.png

1610790080026.png

1610790253935.png

1610790361947.png

1610790427011.png

1610790581783.png

Notable revisions include:
  • Total number of residential dwelling units increased from 1,425 to 1,467
  • The number of towers proposed on site increased from 3 to 4
  • Tower 1 has been reduced in height from 49 storeys to 44 storeys, Tower 2 remains 46 storeys, Tower 3 has been reduced in height from 40 storeys to 37 storeys, & the new fourth tower is 19 storeys
  • The Community Centre has been removed from the proposed development at the request of the City.
  • The integrated GO Station has been removed from the proposed development due to lack of agreement with Metrolinx on how to proceed in a mutually beneficial manner. Any required short-term parking required by Metrolinx can be located on their 8 Dawes property which was acquired for that purpose.
  • The Applicant is interested in the provision of both affordable rental and/or affordable ownership units. The exact number will be negotiated as part of the ongoing LPAT mediation and related Section 37 discussions.
Development Applications

Last edited:
Updated renderings and architectural plans from Jan. 15 resubmission:

BDP Quadrangle: 46 storeys (155.8 metres including MPH)

Site plan (West Block):

View attachment 294397

Site plan (East Block):

View attachment 294398

Renderings:

View attachment 294391

View attachment 294392

View attachment 294393

View attachment 294394

View attachment 294395

View attachment 294396

Notable revisions include:
  • Total number of residential dwelling units increased from 1,425 to 1,467
  • The number of towers proposed on site increased from 3 to 4
  • Tower 1 has been reduced in height from 49 storeys to 44 storeys, Tower 2 remains 46 storeys, Tower 3 has been reduced in height from 40 storeys to 37 storeys, & the new fourth tower is 19 storeys
  • The Community Centre has been removed from the proposed development at the request of the City.
  • The integrated GO Station has been removed from the proposed development due to lack of agreement with Metrolinx on how to proceed in a mutually beneficial manner. Any required short-term parking required by Metrolinx can be located on their 8 Dawes property which was acquired for that purpose.
  • The Applicant is interested in the provision of both affordable rental and/or affordable ownership units. The exact number will be negotiated as part of the ongoing LPAT mediation and related Section 37 discussions.
Development Applications
Wow. Very disappointing.

Last edited:
The integrated GO Station has been removed from the proposed development due to lack of agreement with Metrolinx on how to proceed in a mutually beneficial manner. Any required short-term parking required by Metrolinx can be located on their 8 Dawes property which was acquired for that purpose.
Well - that is truly unfortunate. It would have been nice. And a first for GO, I think? I’m disappointed both sides couldn’t come to an agreement.
The Community Centre has been removed from the proposed development at the request of the City.
Huh. Weird. I wonder why.

Likely city changed focus and decided to build the community centre somewhere else - perhaps in the park to the south. Not integrating it into the development likely made it much cheaper.

Back