Toronto Rushden Station | 138.1m | 39s | Fitzrovia | bKL Architecture

New renderings are updated in the database. The total building storey went from 44, 45, 37, 19 storeys to 39, 38 and 30 storeys. Total building heights also changed from 149.90m, 155.80m, 126.20m, and 71.80m to 104.00m, 134.00m, and 128.00m. The total unit count decreased from 1467 units to 897 units. Finally, the total parking space count dropped from 351 parking to 256 parking.

They cant be serious with that massively long, and sterile podium. That's honestly just horrifically bad.
It seems like they are using the massive podium with intent to get around the parking constraints and to create impressive commercial and residential amenities for residents of the three towers. Economies of scale approach to deliver Class-A product offering like at their other projects and an on-site Montessori School.

This hulking podium will largely be visible from the rail corridor, it isn't on a main street where there will be much foot traffic outside of the building residents. I'd worry that breaking apart that podium for aesthetic reasons could hamper their business model and kill the project, especially if they were forced to go underground with the parking. I'd rather see all this housing stock be built.

1657914061917.png

1657914118445.png

Last edited:
Could isn't always a thing, especially in a location like this. Much as we rightly hate it, car culture is still a thing in Toronto and while the new by-law may permit developers to do very little parking, a lot of purchases still want it. Surely not to the levels that zoning previously mandated, but there is still demand out there.

Could isn't always a thing, especially in a location like this. Much as we rightly hate it, car culture is still a thing in Toronto and while the new by-law may permit developers to do very little parking, a lot of purchases still want it. Surely not to the levels that zoning previously mandated, but there is still demand out there.

Isn't this rental now? Parking up-take tends to be lower in rental.

I'm 1km from the subway and uptake here is under 0.25 spaces per unit.

Once in a while; the timing on certain things gets confusing, LOL....

Fitzrovia just registered to lobby on this one, Today!

(One might have thought they would have done so prior to the latest iteration of the development coming out)

Noticed walking by today that there's a drilling rig on site and some additional equipment by the sea-cans next to the tracks. Fitzrovias' website states that this project will be complete in Q4 2025, which seems really ambitious if true, but I'd assume they may be starting up soon in that case.
IMG_5027.jpg

Noticed walking by today that there's a drilling rig on site and some additional equipment by the sea-cans next to the tracks. Fitzrovias' website states that this project will be complete in Q4 2025, which seems really ambitious if true, but I'd assume they may be starting up soon in that case.
View attachment 457727

Good observation, and based on the permits, you're probably correct!

1676941887216.png

Shoring permit is applied for, but still 'under review'.

Where are you finding the permit info on Toronto's Development site? I can see everything realted to 6 Dawes is under review but can't seem to find the "Examination Processess" portion?

Last edited:

Back