Toronto 5950 Bathurst | 54.3m | 16s | Greatwise | IBI Group

Marcanadian

Member Bio
Reaction score
5950 BATHURST ST
Ward 06 - North York District

Zoning By Law Amendment application to permit a 14 storey rental residential addition to an Existing 12 storey residential Building and three blocks of 3 storey tonwhouse units. The existing surface parking psaces will be relocated into a proposed underground parking garage, the driveway access to Bathurst Street will be consolidated, and a proposedd landscaped central courtyard would be created in the space between the Existing buidling and the proposed addition.
Proposed Use ---​
# of Storeys ---​
# of Units ---​
Type​
Number​
Date Submitted​
Status​
Applications:
Rezoning​
19 229837 NNY 06 OZ​
Oct 1, 2019​
Under Review​

Screen Shot 2019-10-02 at 9.52.08 AM.png

An interesting idea, definitely more efficient use of the land. But won't this be a bit crowded? Also, I thought underground parking was really expensive to build. This could be a really expensive project. It's too bad transit to the area is still so crappy, otherwise there wouldn't need to be so many parking spots created underground.

An interesting idea, definitely more efficient use of the land. But won't this be a bit crowded? Also, I thought underground parking was really expensive to build. This could be a really expensive project. It's too bad transit to the area is still so crappy, otherwise there wouldn't need to be so many parking spots created underground.
The City's planning department will be determining whether they feel this is appropriate density for the site or not. Developers can propose any density they want, and if the City feels they're asking for too much, the proposal will evolve.

The City typically considers development that is located on a street with a TTC bus route to be well served by transit.

No new renderings are added to the database. Only minor changes are edited in the database. The total unit count changed from 246 units & 14 townhomes to 245 units & 14 townhomes. Finally, the total parking count increased from 260 parking spaces to 274 parking.

Good day- as a person that lives in this building currently! I have one question- why are you keeping it? It's has has cockroaches for 50 years aka they are in the walls- my basement is always leaking! It's a gross building!

Also when am I getting evicted as my unit is the one affected! I would like to start planning!

Good day- as a person that lives in this building currently! I have one question- why are you keeping it? It's has has cockroaches for 50 years aka they are in the walls- my basement is always leaking! It's a gross building!

Also when am I getting evicted as my unit is the one affected! I would like to start planning!
This is a public discussion forum. Your questions are valid but should be directed to your property manager or city staff.

No new project information is updated; however, new renderings are updated in the database. The renderings are taken from the architectural plan via Site Plan Approval

PLN - Architectural Plans - APR 26  2022-1.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - APR 26  2022-45.jpg

Back