Toronto 591 Sherbourne | 152.65m | 51s | Medallion | Arcadis

The DRP on their own don't have enough weight to get a height reduction of that scale, and I would imagine that the Planning department is behind that. Looks like Medallion have no interest in the OMB route, and are making the changes they need to get this through Council. Good: a Planning Department recommendation will expedite this.

Where did building come from? I love it !! We got some other colour added instead of the blue green look. It would look great in the lake front area where every body can see it!

I actually don't mind this at all. I rather like it. So Sherbourne and bloor gets two brick rental towers while the rest of the core gets the same boring glass and spandrel condos. Funny

A lot of density going on here. Area will be unrecognizable in 10 years.

I think it'll need very high quality glazing to make it work; cheap window wall could doom it (and I didn't see specifics about the glass in the new arch plans, at a glance).

It looks like a standard Medallion building. They are all this brick / window wall hybrid. Expect it to look like 45 Lisgar or Casa in North York.

Medallion's buildings are inoffensive, half decent background buildings. They aren't ugly. They aren't lookers though either.

Casa is more straightforward than this one. This one has a lot going on and could use a lot more refinement. I like the comparison to 88 Scott.

I've yet to look up the arch plans. Is it actually brick? The positioning would make it a complicated install. I'm picturing stamped precast or aluminum.

5YGL7XT.jpg

I've yet to look up the arch plans. Is it actually brick? The positioning would make it a complicated install. I'm picturing stamped precast or aluminum.
These days, it's more likely to be precast with inlaid brick. That's what's looking great on The Selby, down at Daniels Waterfront, and more…

Back