Toronto 589 Sheppard East | 48.35m | 14s | JFJ Development Inc | RAW Design

You're complaining about a 14 storey building on Sheppard? Seriously??

In respect of Separation Distance, he has a point.........

As I read the proposal, the balconies fronting the west side of the extant building would be only 6M or 19ft from the wall of the new building. That's less than the width of my living room (22ft).

If the extant building had a blank wall, that would be different. But as it does not, at bare minimum, I would expect a separation distance of 11M.

Given that this one never even made it to Council after a Community meeting in 2021 and no new docs since, I wouldn't think this will be moving forward as currently proposed.

i wish. I am in the existing building. ;)

I guess , no trade off for me.

As I note above, there is no indication of this moving ahead, as currently proposed, unless you've received any new info that is not yet public.

This proposal hasn't seen any movement since 2021.

Something will happen here, eventually, but I suspect it won't be quite what's been proposed thus far.

Psst, the 14 storeys is not your concern, the separation distance is.........

Area heights have rocketed and Sheppard is seeing approvals far in excess of 30 storeys. You won't win any fights against height, irrespective of the merits.

What you may win is changes to the massing and siting of the proposal; (how the building is shaped, and how close it gets to your building. Spend your resources there.

You might want to reach out to the Planner for any updates, and to express your concern, should the application still be active.

Planner Michael Romero Telephone: 416-395-6747 Email: Michael.Romero@toronto.ca

My 2 cents,... City want different separation distance for Podium VS Tower portion,.... also, this JFJ Development / PineLake isn't a real developer,.. he's a LandAssembly-to-UpZone-to-Flip guy,... who then tries find a real developer who will have to refine the proposal further prior to construction,... his 245 Sheppard West project also seems dead since no real developer is interested,...

My 2 cents,... City want different separation distance for Podium VS Tower portion,....

Less separation lower down is fine, to a point, but ~6M is just too little if you have balconies and windows either staring into a blank wall or into another set of units.

also, this JFJ Development / PineLake isn't a real developer,.. he's a LandAssembly-to-UpZone-to-Flip guy,...

We don't just keep you around for your charm, and musical ability............you know a few things! LOL

Last edited:

Back