Toronto 589 Sheppard East | 48.35m | 14s | JFJ Development Inc | RAW Design

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Further intensification in the Sheppard East & Bayview area, a couple blocks east of the intersection:

589 SHEPPARD AVE E
Ward 17: Don Valley North

Official Plan and Zoning By Law Amendment application that proposes to build a new 14 storey mixed use building, with retail and residential uses. The development will have GFA of 15,096 square metres, an FSI of 5.01 times the lot area. The relocation of the Thomas Clark House (heritage building) to the northwest corner of the development site is also proposed.

shepp.JPG

Where is the lot located on the map. I don't see the heritage building in the corner of this intersection on Google Earth ?

What a bad way to integrate the heritage property, though.

Huh really? For me this is an unusually thoughtful effort to integrate heritage. It's fully retained, brought front and centre to meet the street, and kept fully independent of the new building whose massing sweeps around it in deference, resulting in a more interesting form for both. Sure beats facadism anyway.

Huh really? For me this is an unusually thoughtful effort to integrate heritage. It's fully retained, brought front and centre to meet the street, and kept fully independent of the new building whose massing sweeps around it in deference, resulting in a more interesting form for both. Sure beats facadism anyway.

I think it sticks out too much this way.

More info on the house that is being moved to the corner:

Thomas Clarke House
9 Barberry Place
*Note: Private property. Please observe the house from the street only. This heritage designated house, dating back to 1855, was built by Thomas Clark, an early European settler of the area who purchased much of the land nearby in the 1840s. Much of the lumber used to construct the house was white pine, which was cut from the property surrounding it. The home is the only structure that remains from the area’s pioneer past.

Photo:

Thomas_Clarke_House.jpg

Back