Toronto 589 Eglinton East | 124.75m | 35s | BayviewEg Investment Corp | TACT Architecture

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
More density planned for the Bayview & Eg intersection, this is for the block just west of Bayview on the south side:

589 EGLINTON AVE E
Ward 15: Don Valley West

Proposal for a 35 storeys mixed-use building, including residential and commercial components. The building will contain a total of 389 residential units and 660 m2 of retail space fronting Eglinton Avenue East. The residential GFA is 25,931 m2. resulting 13.42 FSI. Total of 114 parking spaces will be provided.

-----------

bayveg.JPG
beyveg2.JPG
beyveg3.JPG
beyveg4.JPG
beyveg5.JPG

More density planned for the Bayview & Eg intersection, this is for the block just west of Bayview on the south side:

589 EGLINTON AVE E
Ward 15: Don Valley West

Proposal for a 35 storeys mixed-use building, including residential and commercial components. The building will contain a total of 389 residential units and 660 m2 of retail space fronting Eglinton Avenue East. The residential GFA is 25,931 m2. resulting 13.42 FSI. Total of 114 parking spaces will be provided.

-----------

View attachment 439357View attachment 439358View attachment 439359View attachment 439360View attachment 439361

You scooped me! I checked the AIC at 2:10am, I swear it wasn't there............or maybe I was just too sleepy to see it! LOL

Edit to add: I looked right through it, seeing it on the map now, I realize, I thought this was the Viewer Discretion Advised site from a week or so ago..........and didn't look closer at the address!

First comment of substance, the Eglinton streetscape, including setback is ridiculous.

The proposal is only 2.7M wide sidewalk, not side enough for street trees.

This needs to be bumped up to at least 3.5M, and see street trees added to the Eglinton frontage.

The shrubs proposed on the Eglinton frontage block any entrance area, preclude any exterior display/patio and obscure views of said retail. Abysmal design.

Very creative looking building as seen in the photos up above! Will catch the attention of the public whether they like the building or not lol!

This was in the subject of an Appeals Report to the next meeting of NYCC, seeking approval for staff to oppose this at OLT.

Interesting timing here:

Appealed April 14/23; had the first CMC August 8th, have another CMC scheduled for Nov 7/23.

The substance of the report notes issues w/separation distances to adjacent sites, need for office retention, wind conditions issues and need for greater setbacks on Eglinton with improved tree planting conditions.

I read the report as being open to a settlement and the issues being resolvable. TBD

New renderings has been updated to the database. The height changed from 119.70m to 124.75m. The total unit count changed from 389 units to 442 units. Total car parking changed from 114 parking to 118 parking. The total bike parking increased from 397 bike parking to 453 bike parking.

Info taken from the architectural plan via rezoning submission.

Back