Toronto 58 Atlantic | 49.98m | 10s | BentallGreenOak | B+H

Automation Gallery

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
58 ATLANTIC AVE
Ward 14 - Tor & E.York District

Proposal to for a rezoning application related to a 12 storey office building with 4 levels of below ground parking
Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---
Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Rezoning 15 236743 STE 14 OZ Oct 13, 2015 Under Review

Strange:confused:, this is all i can find on 58 Atlantic Av., im wondering if its not that large parking lot across the street?

https://www.canadapostalcodes.net/on-ontario/toronto/atlantic-ave/2-58/

Preliminary Report - 56-58 Atlantic Avenue and 25-35 Liberty Street and 57-65 Jefferson Avenue
- Official Plan Amendment and Zoning Amendment Applications
http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2016.TE13.33

Summary
This application proposes a 12-storey office building with retail at grade, a 2nd floor showroom and 4-levels of underground parking at 56-58 Atlantic Avenue, 25-35 Liberty Street and 57-65 Jefferson Avenue. The proposal also includes retention of the historic corner building known as 25 Liberty Street. The overall proposed building height is 53 metres (59 metres to the top of the mechanical penthouse).

image.jpeg
Looks like it's this plot of land which just happens to be across from the recently finished 60 Atlantic and future 80 Atlantic. Really liking the development throughout Liberty Village

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 2,301
Last edited:
cid:5029DEE0-781A-4C25-B3D3-CD1C28666D7B

Looks like it's this plot of land which just happens to be across from the recently finished 60 Atlantic and future 80 Atlantic. Really liking the development throughout Liberty Village
Yeah, it's also across the street from the Green-P surface parking lot where something big is going to be announced soon, and i don't mean tall:D

Yeah, it's also across the street from the Green-P surface parking lot where something big is going to be announced soon, and i don't mean tall:D
Interesting, that was a crucial parking spot for BMO and that plaza, wonder if they bought the private spaces next to the Green P parking lot which always had an old guy selling spots during TFC games

Nice to see the western half of Liberty Village has been treated well by new developments, unlike it's eastern half.

You'll find out more in the front page story here, and you'll see more (including some gorgeous brand new renderings from Designstor) in the dataBase file linked at the top of the page!

Was a little disappointed when I first saw the renderings in the article, but these new HD renderings show much promise. I like this better than QRC West now (if it turns out like the HD renderings).

Was a little disappointed when I first saw the renderings in the article, but these new HD renderings show much promise. I like this better than QRC West now (if it turns out like the HD renderings).
Wow. Same here. Those HD renderings are really promising. The tree columns are great. I wonder if that will be corten used on the edges of the base?

It does look like a weathering steel is used, which is also exciting. I love Cor-Ten. The initial images almost looked like a massing study.

It does look like a weathering steel is used, which is also exciting. I love Cor-Ten. The initial images almost looked like a massing study.
Yeah. When I saw the front page story today, I was pretty disinterested. Hopefully this will go ahead as shown in the high resolution renderings.

This will definitely be great for that south side of Liberty. It's such a terrible experience for pedestrians right now with those parking spots at the front.

That whole stretch of Atlantic will have a nice mix of heritage and new construction office spaces with 58, 60, 80, and 99 Atlantic. Looking forward to the full build out.

Agreed, looks great. At first I thought it was going to be too much of a QRCwest copycat, which it sort of is, but I'm ok with that. There are a lot of structural clones out there that are not so great. At least these are interesting siblings. The tree supports make it different enough for me, and creates a rather literal narrative in combination with the ceiling and massing of the floating structure.

Agreed, looks great. At first I thought it was going to be too much of a QRCwest copycat, which it sort of is, but I'm ok with that. There are a lot of structural clones out there that are not so great. At least these are interesting siblings. The tree supports make it different enough for me, and creates a rather literal narrative in combination with the ceiling and massing of the floating structure.

I was just telling a friend that it has the DNA of QRC, but it's a not a full on clone. It's unique in its own way.

Back