Toronto 576 Sherbourne | 215.75m | 63s | Alterra | Arcadis

UrbanAffair

Member Bio
Reaction score
566-576 Sherbourne Street and 29-37 Linden have been purchased by Alterra for a new residential development.

The area is shown below:

1675878309098.png

Site above on streetview:

1675879826403.png

OF curious note, the the home on the leftmost of the image (partial) is not listed above, but is physically attached to 566 as best I can tell.

Other than that home, 562 remains as an intermediary property before the old Isabella Hotel.

On heritage:

572-578 are heritage 'listed', but not 'designated' (no real protection)

@innsertnamehere can report on the zoning! LOL

Ask and you shall receive!

This is neighborhoods designated, similar to the application to the northwest:

1675881772370.png

As an aside - could the city update their OP maps to high res versions already? The crappy low quality ones online are just absolutely terrible.

I was wondering many condos could be built on this accumulated parcel of lots? Presuming they'll all be probably above the 150m lol!

I was wondering many condos could be built on this accumulated parcel of lots? Presuming they'll all be probably above the 150m lol!

That's not entirely knowable without understanding which (if any) buildings or facades might be retained.

That said, the site is almost exactly the same size as The Selby; so that would not be a bad reference point.

That's 441 units.

That's not entirely knowable without understanding which (if any) buildings or facades might be retained.

That said, the site is almost exactly the same size as The Selby; so that would not be a bad reference point.

That's 441 units.
I was thinking about two slim towers or one large tower on this sight with all the homes being demolished. It's another story if they're going to preserve them and build the podium and tower in the their backyards. One thing I think is going to happen is that the tower will probably exceed over the 150m mark. To compensate for the preservation of the old historical buildings. Which is starting to be the norm for this area. Can't wait to see the results lol!

Some of those houses, particularly the one on the corner are beautiful and I hope do not get demolished.
They'll probably clump all the salvageable homes together on Sherbourne st or maybe Linden st. After tearing down the ones they don't want to make way for podium, tower and maybe a parkette area. Or keep the front part of the homes with their facades facing Sherbourne st etc. To build their podium, tower etc in their backyard area, like 47 Huntley Street development proposal is going to do.

Back