Toronto 576 Sherbourne | 215.75m | 63s | Alterra | Arcadis

Bronze/terracotta fins all the way to the crown look nice and would be a game changer (most attempts to tie in elements from preserved heritage facades in this city end at the podium). But of course these are just early renderings - let's call them aspirational. I'd be (pleasantly) shocked if the built form actually looks like these renderings.

Toronto Model 05-13-23 566 Sherbourne.png

Toronto Model 05-13-23 566 Sherbourne2.png

I guess this will be the norm in this niebourhood as what I said before in the beginning of this thread. Keeping a good portion the building and facade closest to the street. While gutting the backside creating the space for a tower or two in the center of the parcel of land lol! It's a great idea better than demolishing everything keeping some heritage alive!

Looking forward to this, if those houses are given the same level of restoration as at 7 St Thomas this will turn out excellent.

I guess ProjectEnd-san is not showing a degree of confidence for this project as you are. Although, I wouldn't take that too personally...
I just fail to see what's so hilarious about the prospects for restoring those houses. Are there precedents for these architects not doing it properly, or what?

Considering the mess that Alterra made with 159SW, I’m not sure how anyone could have confidence in this project? I think we can expect the project to look nothing like the renderings, rental-like build quality, cheaping out finishes and an unfinished looking podium are to be expected. Just walk by 159SW and open your eyes.

Considering the mess that Alterra made with 159SW, I’m not sure how anyone could have confidence in this project? I think we can expect the project to look nothing like the renderings, rental-like build quality, cheaping out finishes and an unfinished looking podium are to be expected. Just walk by 159SW and open your eyes.
159SW was extremely delayed which gave Alterra a complete shoe-string budget. Honestly I would bet that they made basically no money on the project and that most developers would have given up on the project and returned deposits to purchasers. From what I remember it sold in the $600/psf range. The fact they even managed to close on the project is surprising.

Their other work which hasn't been as troubled has been much better - i.e. Rush condos

159SW was extremely delayed which gave Alterra a complete shoe-string budget. Honestly I would bet that they made basically no money on the project and that most developers would have given up on the project and returned deposits to purchasers. From what I remember it sold in the $600/psf range. The fact they even managed to close on the project is surprising.

Their other work which hasn't been as troubled has been much better - i.e. Rush condos
They have a lot of emotional repair to do after turning 28 Eastern from orange to grey and black.

Back