Toronto 572 Church Street | 44.5m | 12s | Fieldgate | Arcadis

Beer Store development on Church Street

The problems with any site relocation is truck parking for loading, car parking (because carrying a 24 is awful work for those older than 20) and neighbourhood aversion to the bottle-return entrepreneurs. LCBO with its' smaller formats is just more sensible in dense areas.

There is a property that would be perfect for a beer store / LCBO combo on Yonge Street at Breadlbane (The old Sobey's site) I could see them being very smart to take that property as trucks could load in from the street and the square footage could even accommodate a larger Vintages section for LCBO.
The Beer Store could have a wider selection and even a larger cold section.

It's not that far from the current location.

As for the actual beer store property it would be smart for a developer to buy up the entire block on that corner including what was the KFC building and the corner drug store as well as the truly ugly buildings north of that corner that house the dry cleaners and the empty Slack Alice site.
A smart developer could build an outstanding building that would include the heritage building on the corner but re-develop the other structures and bring new retail at ground level.

That's my opinion on it.

I'd hate to see something so monumental on the corner. I'd like the village feel retained there as much as possible.

There is a property that would be perfect for a beer store / LCBO combo on Yonge Street at Breadlbane (The old Sobey's site) I could see them being very smart to take that property as trucks could load in from the street and the square footage could even accommodate a larger Vintages section for LCBO.

There is a new LCBO going into College Park. Seems to me they had one there about a hundred years ago before Dollarama moved in.

Is there? It'll only be a block from the one in Maple Leaf Gardens.. Hopefully its a larger one though as the Maple Leaf Gardens one is pretty small.

Is there? It'll only be a block from the one in Maple Leaf Gardens.. Hopefully its a larger one though as the Maple Leaf Gardens one is pretty small.

It will be about 5,000 sq. ft. if I remember correctly from the call for proposals.

So pretty large then. Good, I'm usually too lazy to walk further than Maple Leaf Gardens for the LCBO to go to a larger one.

The biznow article also mentions a Church and Wellesley project on the north west corner. Is there a thread for that one, too?

Yes , here you go
I dont think that they can demolish that corner heritage bldg. .............http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2014/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-64559.pdf
but hopefully everything from there up including the beer store goes:cool:

At the northwest corner of Church and Wellesley, WAM's assembled three parcels over the past year and is proposing a 40-storey, 400-unit rental building with 10k SF of retail. “It’s one of the most vibrant intersections in the city,” Rob says, adding would-be suitors are “clamouring” to lease the ground-floor space. “Everyone knows it’s a great address.”

WAM Development Group : https://www.bisnow.com/toronto/news...title?utm_source=CopyShare&utm_medium=Browser

Yes , here you go
I dont think that they can demolish that corner heritage bldg. .............http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2014/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-64559.pdf
but hopefully everything from there up including the beer store goes:cool:

At the northwest corner of Church and Wellesley, WAM's assembled three parcels over the past year and is proposing a 40-storey, 400-unit rental building with 10k SF of retail. “It’s one of the most vibrant intersections in the city,” Rob says, adding would-be suitors are “clamouring” to lease the ground-floor space. “Everyone knows it’s a great address.”

WAM Development Group : https://www.bisnow.com/toronto/news...title?utm_source=CopyShare&utm_medium=Browser

Nice catch! But the WAM assembly does not include the Beer Store site.

That Intention to Designate document refers to 68 Wellesley St E, which is on the east side of Church, so wouldn't be part of the WAM land assembly.

Beer Store development on Church Street

That's my opinion on it.

There is a big new LCBO going in right across the street from there....AND another dollarama

572 CHURCH ST
Ward 27 - Tor & E.York District

►View All Properties

The proposed Zoning By-law Amendment and Official Plan Amendment to permit a 15-storey mixed-use building containing 98 dwelling units and 285 square metres of retail space at grade. It would have a total gross floor area of 7,489 square metres.

Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---

Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
OPA & Rezoning 17 179441 STE 27 OZ Jun 13, 2017 Under Review

https://twitter.com/DavidOikawa1/status/875009041084370944

DCSoAPlXsAEFu4K.jpg:large

Back