Toronto 561 Sherbourne | 128.01m | 43s | Medallion | Arcadis

Freshco and Wine Rack already have their signs up. Should be opening soon.

Neither have signs up yet, nor do either of them look even remotely ready to open soon. Both are still empty concrete shells inside.

Wine rack just has a small cardboard sign in the window, and Freshco just has window frosting installed calling out the brand.

Occupancy of the tower started last week. A few people on the lower floors have moved in so far. It looks like a salon will be opening soon in the unit next to the building’s entrance.

IMG_9061[1].JPG

IMG_9062[1].JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9061[1].JPG
    IMG_9061[1].JPG
    294.3 KB · Views: 572
  • IMG_9062[1].JPG
    IMG_9062[1].JPG
    295 KB · Views: 551
Curious if they are ever planing to paint the other rental towers that nice light beige colour too? It looks way nicer in this new colour.

I find the street level frontage to be 20 years out of date. Seeing the tower go up, I was expecting more than just a rehash of early 2000's strip mall aesthetic.

I find the street level frontage to be 20 years out of date. Seeing the tower go up, I was expecting more than just a rehash of early 2000's strip mall aesthetic.

Yea, they went 2002 basic here. The mismatching colors still bother me.

They have left exposed earth all along freshco, between the sidewalk. I am hoping they will plant trees rather than pave, but no signs of plantings so it might be wishful thinking.

They have left exposed earth all along freshco, between the sidewalk. I am hoping they will plant trees rather than pave, but no signs of plantings so it might be wishful thinking.

Trees wouldn't likely do very well in that spot, the building is too close, it would create conflicts for the root system and for the branches.

If the width of the pedestrian space were not added to, then the most sensible option would be to pave what is now exposed and put the trees near the curb.

I'd rather a bit more room to play with so you could have a wider trench for the trees and sidewalk on both sides.

But the ROW is pretty constrained here, so that does not appear to be an option.

Back