5509 Dundas West | 72.54m | 21s | Contessa | BNKC

bangkok

Member Bio
Reaction score
Is the church being torn down or is there a sliver of vacant land just to the west of it?

someMidTowner

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Not exactly feeling it though, looks like a circa 1980's built Niagara Falls hotel. And if that's the side facing Dundas, then what's with the blank wall?

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
It does have a retro International Style look to it now. I'm not opposed to the blank wall as it's not the entire wall, only half of it. If it's clad well enough, that's better than a pile of spandrel panel, and a better way to achieve the maximum glazing ratio the City requires.

The height certainly makes more sense on this site than did the 12-storey application.

Towered

Member Bio
Reaction score
Did they acquire the corner lot? I noticed that the car dealership vacated some time ago and the building has been sitting empty since.

salsa

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm not opposed to the blank wall as it's not the entire wall, only half of it. If it's clad well enough, that's better than a pile of spandrel panel, and a better way to achieve the maximum glazing ratio the City requires.
The blank wall could make a great canvass for another large-scale art project.

1581368849831.png

LINK

formerTorontonian

Member Bio
Reaction score
Why not both?

Kipling to Shorncliffe = 950m
Shorncliffe to East Mall = 760m

If following the rail corridor. Perfectly fine stop spacing. Besides, a station at East Mall is too far away from Dundas and Shorncliffe intersection to be useful there. That would be a 1.11km walk.
My understanding is that there is a plan to run a BRT line from Kipling Station west to Burlington. Though a future subway extension would likely still stop by east mall on its way to Sherway, the BRT would probably negate the need for a Shorncliffe subway station