Toronto 55 Mercer | 155.5m | 47s | CentreCourt | Arcadis

Looks nice! Is it possible that interesting buildings in a range of colours will actually be a trend? CentreCourt and IBI keep being a great combo.

really like the pedestrian level treatment here. It's legible, nods to the area's history, brings some colour variation, and breaks up the facade with a variety of materials/lighting. Hoping this part doesn't get watered down in future revisions.

They were processing sales agreements til 1:30am over the weekend. Apparently sold out most of the building already!

IMG_20200223_1806542.jpg
IMG_20200223_1824015.jpg

I'm impressed at how well Centrecourt has been doing, in particular in how quickly their process has been from approval to completion, although I wonder about how the build quality fares given that speed.

The iconic-ness of Gretzky's throughout time is debatable. While Second City have already confirmed to be moving to a new home at One York Street in South Core.

The final performance at the Mercer location was supposed to be scheduled for November 2020, but I wonder if they may be moving up the demolition with the Covid situation going on.

Wayne Gretzky's was an icon? Wayne Gretzky was, but I don't know about the bar with the patio. What makes it iconic? The name?
Honestly Oasis was a pretty sweet rooftop bar (Not that Oasis). Really loved it a few summers ago when I could take a ride down the elevator and hop between Mascot and Oasis.

The iconic-ness of Gretzky's throughout time is debatable. While Second City have already confirmed to be moving to a new home at One York Street in South Core.

The final performance at the Mercer location was supposed to be scheduled for November 2020, but I wonder if they may be moving up the demolition with the Covid situation going on.

Glad that it's surviving!
Wishing it stayed in the Entertainment District :( There was a rumour it was going into the Well but I guess not...

Back