Member Bio
Reaction score
Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---
Applications:
Type: Rezoning
Number: 16 118645 STE 22 OZ
Date Submitted: Feb 19, 2016

From an article in September:

Two four-storey apartment buildings at 55-65 Broadway Ave., near Yonge Street and Eglinton Avenue, were recently purchased for $44.5 million by the developer Times Group Corporation.

Lorenzo DiGianfelice of Commercial Focus Realty brokered the deal and said the new owner plans to demolish both buildings to make room for approximately 800,000 square feet of condo space, along with 900 condo units. Although DiGianfelice noted that the developer will also have to accommodate the existing 131 rental units currently on the site.

55 and 65 Broadway via Google Streetview
Screen Shot 2016-02-20 at 11.51.08 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-02-20 at 11.51.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-20 at 11.51.08 PM.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 9,301
Hey all! Long time lurker, first time poster here.

Thought I'd contribute with a picture of this location, just to illustrate the size of the site and the opportunities afforded to the developer by the layout/location.

55 Broadway.jpg

Attachments

• 55 Broadway.jpg
    55 Broadway.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 5,978
Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, things are getting taller up here....(2x45s)

55 BROADWAY AVE
Ward 22 - Tor & E.York District

Proposal for rezoning application related to two 45 storey residential buildings connected through a 2 storey podium which will contain 487 rental units and 557 condominium units
Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---
Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Rezoning 16 118645 STE 22 OZ Feb 19, 2016 Under Review

Can't wait to see how Kirkor squeezes 1050 units on this site.

Can't wait to see how Kirkor squeezes 1050 units on this site.
Kirkor? Don't scare my like that.

Jeez... This is beginning to become somewhat alarming. We have over 50 condo proposals in the area (my now outdated map), most of them being of quite significant height and density. How exactly do we expect our schools and other infrastructure to cope?

It's the Times Group. Burka or Kirkor. Burka has been silent for a while.

Looks a lot better than what he designed for that new Wellington proposal in my honest opinion. Maybe it's just a nicer rendering though.

Yea has a Yonge and rich/ 50 Wellesley vibe. I like it. I do worry that in a few years we will be sick of all the white though.

It seems like white/ blue are no longer just sports team colours but also Toronto's official colours

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea has a Yonge and rich/ 50 Wellesley vibe. I like it. I do worry that in a few years we will be sick of all the white though.

It seems like white/ blue are no longer just sports team colours but also Toronto's official colours

but still ... way better than the recent grey on grey trend :D

Back