Toronto 545 Lake Shore West | 72.75m | 21s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Rogers has now left the building - it appears to be completely empty - all signage of the Rogers channels has been removed from the exterior of the building, as have all the satellite dishes that were on the roof. First photo - a naked rooftop, the second one shows details of the west facade of the building, empty offices visible through the windows, and a blanked-out sign in front of the building.

I believe it’s becoming a temporary shelter.

I believe it’s becoming a temporary shelter.
It is interesting that the (former?) owners of the ex-Rogers Building spent $$$ replacing all the windows about 2 years ago. The "Crosse & Blackwell Building is Listed. (Crosse & Blackwell Building, 1928, Chapman & Oxley -adopted by City Council on June 20, 1973.)
crosse.jpg

Attachments

• crosse.jpg
    crosse.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 1,822
Hmm?....3 towers

545 LAKE SHORE BLVD W
Ward 20 - Tor & E.York District

Official Plan and Zoning By-law Amendments to facilitate a mixed-use redevelopment of the site with a podium and three towers that retain three heritage frontages along Lake Shore Boulevard West and an existing pavilion at Lake Shore Boulevard and Bathurst Street.
Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---
Applications:
Type
Number Date Submitted Status
OPA & Rezoning 18 241642 STE 20 OZ Oct 12, 2018 Application Received

So different from any of the three options presented to the WT DRP in the spring?

The heights and tower locations are alright. The towers plunked on a giant podium block with facadectomies is much less attractive.

Like I said before, they already made up their minds that Option 3 would be what gets built.

Option 1 and 2 were just nice placeholders, to say that they "considered" other options. Canderel isn't capable of pulling out Option 2 styled building, while Option 1 was probably their backup.

Back