Toronto 545 Eglinton East | 74m | 20s | Skale | Turner Fleischer

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
A new application in the AIC for 537 AND 543 Eglinton Avenue East.

I have titled the thread on the assumption this will include the properties in between.

1628002059483.png

Having a look at the site area on TO Maps, it would still be relatively small; though very do-able.

1628002251798.png

Only a bit over 7,000ft2

Would make more sense to me with 545, and 547 involved; we'll have to wait to see details.

Looks like a few of these bungalows host small businesses. Does this mean these plots are zoned as commercial and imply any extra steps for the developer's application?

Looks like a few of these bungalows host small businesses. Does this mean these plots are zoned as commercial and imply any extra steps for the developer's application?
Could be zoned for commercial uses, definitely designated for Mixed Use. Almost everything in Toronto needs to be rezoned so really the starting Zoning is almost irrelevant in most cases.

I hope the 2 holdouts are happy with their decision. Now they're landlocked and they wont be getting as much bang on the buck as they could've gotten.

Nevertheless I like this proposal, they're pushing it on the height though. Most of the towers in the vicinity are around ~12-17s.

..."the anticipated 8 to 12 storey height range in the Eglinton East Character Area..." :rolleyes:

..."the anticipated 8 to 12 storey height range in the Eglinton East Character Area..." :rolleyes:
They are definitely setting it up for a policy fight on 5.4.10 of OPA 405:

5.4.10. On Midtown Mid-rise sites, additional storeys may be considered without an amendment to this Plan, provided the applicant demonstrates to the City’s satisfaction that:

a. there will be adequately limited shadow impacts on any public street;
b. the additional storeys fit within any required angular plane and will be progressively stepped back from adjacent areas designated Neighbourhoods, Parks and Open Space Areas and any side streets; and
c. additional storeys will be stepped back from the street to minimize its appearance from the street.

Back