Toronto Bella Condominiums | 138.36m | 43s | Mirabella Dev Corp | Scott Shields

PMT

Member Bio
Reaction score
There's no application with the city yet, but I found these renderings on the Scott Shields Architects site:
5300-Yonge-Final01-Day.jpg

5300-Yonge-Final01.jpg

source

Attachments

• 5300-Yonge-Final01.jpg
    5300-Yonge-Final01.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3,229
  • 5300-Yonge-Final01-Day.jpg
    5300-Yonge-Final01-Day.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4,261
Nice find! I think the tower has potential if materials are properly executed, but the podium needs significant improvement.

Last edited:
Oh no,... now were are the locals supposed to buy our,.... err, fine Italian Mezza Notte Pizza,...
5300Yonge1.jpg

BTW,... that little yellow 1 storey restaurant Thai Bistro directly north of subject site, makes amazing Thai food but mysteriously closed down recently, after at least 20 years in that location,.... likely have something to do with this development proposal,.....

Attachments

• 5300Yonge1.jpg
    5300Yonge1.jpg
    527.7 KB · Views: 2,419
5306 YONGE ST
Ward 23 - North York District

►View All Properties

Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---
Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
OPA & Rezoning 17 218341 NNY 23 OZ Aug 17, 2017 Application Received

This appears to be the single building directly to the north of this project, so I imagine it is related. Maybe they picked up one of the little storefronts?

Added to The 100m List. Spot 391, 10cm higher than Tower A of the Newtonbrook Plaza Redevelopment at 5900 Yonge.

I doubt it'll really end up being over 100m. This development proposal is for 109m and 9.61 FSI density! Nothing in the North York Centre Secondary Plan area has this type of density.

The height limit on this subject site, on Yonge Street north of Ellerslie Ave and south of Churchill Ave is 87m and 3.75FSI density.
IMG_4507a.jpg

The height limit in North York Centre south of Ellerslie Ave is generally 100m (about 30-storey) and 4.5FSI density; but due to Menkes' GibsonSquare those can be increased by paying a higher Section 37 Community Benefit rate (as done at Tridel's HullmarkCentre & Bazis' EmpressWalk). Density can be maxed out to 6.0FSI for development near subway entrance; 5.0FSI elsewhere within North York Centre Secondary Plan area (this is for area with 100m height limit).

Template would be this developer's (Diamante) Diamond condo (next block north at 5350 Yonge) at 91.85m height (via OMB beating City's 87m) with 30-storey (wow, short ceiling height!) and 4.99FSI density (but that's with height and density transfer from St.George On Yonge Anglican Church!)

The above has "confirmation". This part does not: I'm guessing the max density that can be brought at higher Section 37 Community Benefit rate for 87m height would be closer to 4.0FSI density and height closer to 92m here.

BTW, yes Diamante did include the former Thai Bistro site (5306 Yonge St) for larger podium (and FSI down to 9.61).

Attachments

• IMG_4507a.jpg
    IMG_4507a.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 2,285
Last edited:
Update:
A new proposal tabled earlier this month with the City of Toronto is seeking an Official Plan Amendment and rezoning to permit a 33-storey condominium tower on Yonge Street, right between Sheppard and Finch Avenues in the heart of North York. Planned for 5300 Yonge Street, the new project from property-owner Diamante Development would replace an existing retail plaza on the west side of Yonge Street with a Scott Shields Architects-designed tower rising to a height of 109.5 metres.

Back