Toronto Station Place | 134.72m | 40s | First Capital | Diamond Schmitt

Ride-by shooting yesterday:

IMG_5681.jpg
IMG_5682.jpg

Hello everyone, long time lurker, first time poster. ;)
Does anyone know if there has been updates on which grocery store is going in there? The space is pretty large so candidates would be pretty open. However knowing No Frills and Sobeys are over on Islington, Food Basics and Metro near east mall and dundas...I am not too sure what could go in here. A small Loblaws (like at Queen and Portland) would certainly fit...however Loblaws is also relatively close on East Mall. Maybe a Longos as they have smaller form stores in the downtown core (PATH and at dundas/bay).

Personally, I hold out hope that a Farm Boy will open up there....longshot I know however one can always dream. lol

Does anyone know if there has been updates on which grocery store is going in there? The space is pretty large so candidates would be pretty open. However knowing No Frills and Sobeys are over on Islington, Food Basics and Metro near east mall and dundas...I am not too sure what could go in here. A small Loblaws (like at Queen and Portland) would certainly fit...however Loblaws is also relatively close on East Mall. Maybe a Longos as they have smaller form stores in the downtown core (PATH and at dundas/bay).

Personally, I hold out hope that a Farm Boy will open up there....longshot I know however one can always dream. lol
I'm thinking Longo's. Maybe a small regular one or a larger "Market" branded. As long as it's not Rabba.

Today. Surprised that it’s only gone up 3 floors since my last update in July.

View attachment 209543
I think 2 of those were amenity floors, which are more complicated. I believe they're into the regular tower floorplates now, so it should move faster.
They've also been doing a lot of work at ground level such as prepping Viking Lane for new curbs for the layby and driveway entrance.

I don't see them putting in another Farm Boy so close...

With the proposed 26500 square foot grocery store coming to 5249 Dundas Street West will there be a need for another grocery store at the nearly completed six points road network/interchange or has this neighbourhood maxed its grocery store needs?

I wanted to clarify to the urbantoronto moderators that I posted this question in the Six Points Reconfiguration thread but thought maybe it really belongs here.

Please correct/delete if not permitted.

Thanks

With the proposed 26500 square foot grocery store coming to 5249 Dundas Street West will there be a need for another grocery store at the nearly completed six points road network/interchange or has this neighbourhood maxed its grocery store needs?

I wanted to clarify to the urbantoronto moderators that I posted this question in the Six Points Reconfiguration thread but thought maybe it really belongs here.

Please correct/delete if not permitted.

Thanks
Well it says grocery in the renderings. But has anyone actually confirmed that a grocer is coming to this location?

Also anyone have recent construction photos? Curious to see if they are pouring tower plates yet.

Well it says grocery in the renderings. But has anyone actually confirmed that a grocer is coming to this location?

Also anyone have recent construction photos? Curious to see if they are pouring tower plates yet.
Just go up higher on this page to see tower floor slabs being poured.

I would think so, albeit not at this scale. If a mid-sized grocer were to open up in between this location and Cloverdale mall after some more developments come on-line, I think it would do just fine.

I'm shuttering just thinking about what kind of cladding they'll be putting up here. I know it's not going to be good, but just how bad it might get has got me really worried.

Back