Toronto 510 Yonge | 196.9m | 59s | KingSett Capital | BDP Quadrangle

Many of us here were fairly keen on this one.......

The City.........not so much.

The Preliminary Report is on the mean side...

From the report:

1613054461926.png

Of note here is the express mention of the refusal report, that isn't included in the Preliminary Report language that often.

I mean this has always been extremely aggressive. It ignores the 75° angular plane and creates huge shadows on the new Wellesley park (though it essentially has to do that unless it's only 2 storeys tall).

I'm amazed Kingsett thinks it can get this considering the pain it went through directly to the south with Halo condos getting that one approved. They must think that the new Downtown Secondary Plan has made things easier.

I mean this has always been extremely aggressive. It ignores the 75° angular plane and creates huge shadows on the new Wellesley park (though it essentially has to do that unless it's only 2 storeys tall).

I'm amazed Kingsett thinks it can get this considering the pain it went through directly to the south with Halo condos getting that one approved. They must think that the new Downtown Secondary Plan has made things easier.
475 Yonge was an absolute pain in the ass too.

Event Information: 510-528 Yonge St and 7 Breadalbane St - Virtual Community Consultation Meeting

Date and time:Wednesday, May 12, 2021 7:00 pm
Eastern Daylight Time (Toronto, GMT-04:00)
Change time zone
Duration:2 hours
Description:
The City has received an application to amend the Official Plan and Zoning By-law for the property at 510-528 Yonge Street & 7 Breadalbane Street to permit the redevelopment of the site with a 59-storey mixed-use building comprised of 500 dwelling units (including 19 rental replacement units) 519.5 square metres of retail and a 464.5 square metre community space. The facades of the existing buildings at 514-516, 522-524 and 526-528 Yonge Street are proposed to be retained.

Please visit the Site's Application Information Centre website at https://aic.to/510YongeSt for more information.

You can also view a copy of the Preliminary Report providing background information at: http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2021.TE23.54

Pretty ugly and doesn't fit with the neighborhood, they should change it to look more like the other towers around it.
So you'd prefer to see a spandrel laden glass box?

Whether the form of the tower works for this site or not, the material palette is a breath of fresh air. Here in Boston, terra cotta has become a fairly common material for high rise cladding and has led to some standout designs even among boxy forms.

So you'd prefer to see a spandrel laden glass box?

Whether the form of the tower works for this site or not, the material palette is a breath of fresh air. Here in Boston, terra cotta has become a fairly common material for high rise cladding and has led to some standout designs even among boxy forms.
A high-quality glass box, yeah.

Back