Toronto 510 Yonge | 196.9m | 59s | KingSett Capital | BDP Quadrangle

Really nice looking project!

Full props for the use of a warm colour palette; something a bit different, nice preservation work and good relationship between new and old!

The offsite parkland dedication here is well chosen.

The existing space is narrow, quite dark, widening it out will allow more light and make it a more inviting, as well as larger space.

Really well thought out proposal.

Last edited:
The HIS has some nice info about the site as well - this is what 510-12 Yonge used to look like:

1604094103655.png

(City of Toronto Archives, via ERA)

The report also indicated that there is a fair bit of the fabric left underneath the corrugated metal at 514-16 Yonge,

AoD

Landscape plan shows no street trees on the Yonge frontage.

I'm hopeful, for a future narrowing of the Yonge roadway in this section which would afford the space for trees.

As it stands, they propose trees for the Breadalbane frontage, with Yonge street seeing pavers and lighting in-line with City guidelines.

431 Yonge as it currently stands

View attachment 279764
View attachment 279765

About what was anticipated on the heritage side, 510-512 and 518-520 will be demolished

View attachment 279769

If 431 Yonge was demolished relatively soon it would make for a great staging area with regards to the second College station concourse. The stretch of Yonge from the wild wings to college is the worst, narrow and smells bad I think from Popeyes exhaust. Would be great to have the park expanded to make it more welcoming

This looks great. The laneway portion looks decent too.

I see Kingsett owns 3 of 4 properties south of here. Is there space to add a tower there too with enough separation?

Wow! I can't believe the cladding on the building is not blue, green, white or black ! And the building is quite unique in colour and rounded corners etc for a standard Toronto style skyscraper !

I love this, especially the way it's not aligned to the street grid like every other tower in the area is. Plus the community hub on the corner seems interesting

Also a big fan of the planned park expansion. Not sure how far that park is from the planned second College Station concourse, but if it's close by, maybe there could be an entrance to the subway integrated into the final design, sort of like the Heath St entrance to St Clair West station.

This looks great. The laneway portion looks decent too.

I see Kingsett owns 3 of 4 properties south of here. Is there space to add a tower there too with enough separation?
It would probably be a challenge considering this tower is proposed to be less than 1m from the south lot line.

It would probably be a challenge considering this tower is proposed to be less than 1m from the south lot line.

That land assembly has its own thread: https://urbantoronto.ca/forum/threads/502a-508-yonge-street-kingsett-capital.18624/page-3

In it, I took a look at what would be plausible on the parcel in light of this proposal.

From said thread:

I can fit this 4,000ft2 floor plate while maintaining 25m separation: *outlined in white

1604155779658.png

Now, that includes no setback from the heritage facades which would be a no-no.

Though that might be partially offset by the ability to have a slightly irregular shape and squeeze a bit more space close to Yonge.

The point at the north end of St. Lukes is 25M from the nearest point of the proposed tower to the north.

Back