Toronto Ace Hotel Toronto | 44.8m | 13s | Carbon Hospitality | Shim-Sutcliffe

Pics from May 30, 2019

fullsizeoutput_2656.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2655.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2657.jpeg

It's just wonderful to have a project that's creative and intricate with materials while also being modern and tasteful. Seeing so many snap-together spandrel and glass buildings go up you sometimes forget that people can actually build nice buildings. Same compliments go towards King Portland Centre around the corner – let's hope this is a trend.

I don’t know why we can’t confirm that this is an Ace Hotel. The city is openly using it in describing the building. Today, I received an email from Joe Cressy’s office calling it “the site that will become The Ace Hotel”.

I don’t know why we can’t confirm that this is an Ace Hotel. The city is openly using it in describing the building. Today, I received an email from Joe Cressy’s office calling it “the site that will become The Ace Hotel”.
The developers deny it. They could be lying, thinking that they've got a big reveal coming up… or, maybe it's not an Ace Hoel.

Hopefully this building will inspire other developers to push beyond the world of typical spandrel.

Back