Toronto Maison Wellesley | 49.79m | 14s | Graywood | Diamond Schmitt

DSAI’s residential projects have fallen a long way. What was the last great or elegant one they did with handsome massing and interesting details (as far as condos go)? The Hudson? Not trying to be a jerk about it, just really disappointed in what their output is these days. I feel similarly about what Teeple does these days.

Also losing the only tree on Church St. between Alexander and just north of Wellesley.
do you mean the tree in front of boutique bar? I reported it to the city urban forestry dept and they installed a TPZ notice
lonetree.jpg

Also, with two of the major parking lots that house stages for pride disappearing, it's going to get harder and harder to have large crowds in the village. They're gonna have to use the Quad at TMU and Allen Gardens more I guess.

I'm really glad to see there's no parking garage entrance facing Church St in this last render. This entirely pedestrian-accessible front is a huge improvement.
I don't see how Crews/Tango will survive. I can't imagine a financing deal in place that will pay for the deep renovation/rebuild of that old building, to be paid for by beer and cocktails. Not to mention reserving the space for their return after the couple years it will take to build this thing. Lets just hope whatever goes in here is a benefit, a genuine asset, and not just another goddamn pharmacy.
Based on the plans/renderings the parking garage was always proposed from the laneway. Even in that initial rendering you referenced, that's the condo lobby not a parking garage where Boutique Bar was. Personally, I think this is decent infill given the restrictions on the site (ridiculous angular plane requirements, no windows on the north side, ect).

I messaged the marketing office asking about Crews & Tangos. They said that Crews has the right of first refusal for the retail space at the base. I then asked if the space has any features that would allow Crews to have a dance venue as it does currently, but I have not heard back yet.

Sales office for Maison Wellesley consolidated with Centricity Condos at 241 Church (former Esso gas station) - northeast corner of Church and Dundas.
Occupancy anticipated for 2027
I think they are looking to release limited suites now, with formal launch targeted for spring 2024

How long before people living in those condos begin complaining about noise, parties, and people out on the streets till 4am, calling 311, and petitioning the city to extend and enforce noise by-laws?. I am all for "mixed use" but we need to find a way to also protect our "entertainment" and night-life zones without the threat of angry midnight karens.

How long before people living in those condos begin complaining about noise, parties, and people out on the streets till 4am, calling 311, and petitioning the city to extend and enforce noise by-laws?. I am all for "mixed use" but we need to find a way to also protect our "entertainment" and night-life zones without the threat of angry midnight karens.
I bet a lot of people who buy at this location want ‘noise,parties and people out on the streets till 4am!’ Lol

I bet a lot of people who buy at this location want ‘noise,parties and people out on the streets till 4am!’ Lol
You would hope.

I bet some who moved to the "entertainment district" did as well... Richmond Street West is now pretty much snoozeville between University and Spadina... I know it is more than just condo dwellers complaining about noise that led to the demise of streetlife there, but the loss of diverse uses / users and establishments along the street that also contributed to the absolute flattening of nightlife in that area.

This is an issue not unique to Toronto, of course, so all I am saying is that we need to actively find a way to protect and promote the very things / places that make these neighbourhoods vibrant and the city alive.... so I hope Crews and Tango - Church Street BIA, the City insists that ground retail is flexible, doesn't restrict /limit nightlife and most importantly adds to the culture of Church street.

Reactions: ARB

Back