Toronto 500 Sherbourne | ?m | 34s | Times Group | Northgrave

Eggshell is beautiful, it's definitely a "go-to" color if you like simple / elegance. We are gonna go "white'ish" with a tint of blue or grey.

Just a quick note, eggshell is a type of paint which, when it dries has a similar finish to that of an egg. It's good for hiding small defects in a wall, holds up longer over time and is a relatively "flat" paint (not much of a sheen to it).

I'm a big fan of Dudleys Hardware (I like to support good local businesses), they are on the east side of Church Street about 5 stores north of Wellesley and they sell Benjamin Moore paints. The super friendly staff there will show you the difference between various paint finishes (eggshell, enamel, semi-gloss etc.) and will even help you with the the colours and shades your looking for.

Regarding the Wellesley Magill Park across the building

According to the City of Toronto and it seems that the award winning park must have been designed by a dog owner because the gravel surface is the final surface designated for that park. We have left our strong objections and suggested that the minimum that could be done is to install a public footpath so that people do not have to walk through dog pee and poo expecially at night.
They have promised to bring this request for a footpath to the attention of the planning committee.

According to the City of Toronto and it seems that the award winning park must have been designed by a dog owner because the gravel surface is the final surface designated for that park. We have left our strong objections and suggested that the minimum that could be done is to install a public footpath so that people do not have to walk through dog pee and poo expecially at night.
They have promised to bring this request for a footpath to the attention of the planning committee.

You can't be serious. That park is awful. Not only does it look ugly and unfinished, it's one giant litter box. I can understand not having grass, but they could have done a better job. Put pavers down or something.

Looks like they stopped working on the loft building. As per DG, looks like the loft building is where they'll be adding units (chopping up the larger units). Makes sense since many of the units are unsold.

Here's a rendering of the lobby/bar:
http://www.the500condos.com/floorplans/loungelobby.pdf

Doesn't look like there's a sink anywhere so no need for plumbing. I don't get it though... Do you really think people are going to hang out there and have a drink? It's a waste of space IMO.

Also, there's a fireplace in the rendering...I wonder if they'll include it in the finished product.

The water feature looks so different.

Last edited:
Just a quick note, eggshell is a type of paint which, when it dries has a similar finish to that of an egg. It's good for hiding small defects in a wall, holds up longer over time and is a relatively "flat" paint (not much of a sheen to it).

I'm a big fan of Dudleys Hardware (I like to support good local businesses), they are on the east side of Church Street about 5 stores north of Wellesley and they sell Benjamin Moore paints. The super friendly staff there will show you the difference between various paint finishes (eggshell, enamel, semi-gloss etc.) and will even help you with the the colours and shades your looking for.

Silly me... I honestly remember seeing a color on a "paint chip" that is called egg shell. It's white'ish with speckles of beige. Hardly noticeable at the same time the wall doesn't look like hospital white.

You can't be serious. That park is awful. Not only does it look ugly and unfinished, it's one giant litter box. I can understand not having grass, but they could have done a better job. Put pavers down or something.

Gravel parks look nice in Europe. Keep in mind that those dogs belong to people who should be scooping the poop. Blame them.

Also, there's a fireplace in the rendering...I wonder if they'll include it in the finished product.

I saw the cut-out for it, so it will be there, but will small and electric. The lounge area is completely useless. I love how the rendering shows a bartender with anonymous people being served. They have created the allure of a nightclub, when it will really be a desk and some seating. Perhaps the condo board will approve the staffing of a 24/7 bartender and materials...lol.

The water feature looks so different.

Thank God. The rendered one is tacky, and doesn't really make sense. I like the new one a lot, from an aesthetic perspective, as well as a maintenance perspective.

Last edited:
I agree that irresponsible dog owners make the park more a doggy toilet. I feel thou that having grass will make it worse; I much prefer what it is now.

So, there are talks about reducing parking spot & increasing units so I went around to take a picture of the notice.
25155_376453343540_661213540_3774186_5285758_n.jpg

Question about the toilet in the "lounge area" & here it is... (1st pic shows the toilet tucked away in a corner & the 2nd pic shows the inside WIP)
25155_376453333540_661213540_3774184_3778648_n.jpg
25155_376451423540_661213540_3774178_3958736_n.jpg

Some one ask about a "fire place". I think it's gonna be a tiny one. I'm assuiming it's gonna be where the hole on the pillar is...
25155_376451428540_661213540_3774179_6570266_n.jpg

Today the "cargo llift" is removed from the loft.
25155_376453338540_661213540_3774185_6345616_n.jpg

All "cladding" & glass panes on balconies (except on the 23rd floor) are complete.
25155_376453348540_661213540_3774187_6446535_n.jpg

Wall paper being put up in the lobby. I'm liking it so far. Will try to take some pictures tmr or Wed. Too much going on now to be able to get a good shot today. This wall paper that the are using has a very thin layer of "real wood" & it does have a "wood texture" to it.

The 5 model suites are not ready as of now but speculated to be ready by next week. Apparently they are only showing the model suites during weekends.

Wall paper being put up in the lobby. I'm liking it so far. Will try to take some pictures tmr or Wed. Too much going on now to be able to get a good shot today. This wall paper that the are using has a very thin layer of "real wood" & it does have a "wood texture" to it.

The 5 model suites are not ready as of now but speculated to be ready by next week. Apparently they are only showing the model suites during weekends.

wood texture wall paper? Sounds yucky, but I'd have to see it for myself first.

wood texture wall paper? Sounds yucky, but I'd have to see it for myself first.

JayBee, I'll be curious to hear what you think about it. I'd prefer a good paint job but the wall paper is not bad. I've seen some "questionable" ones but the one in 500 is not all that bad, IMO.

Last edited:
pictures of lobby with wall paper

As promised, here are a few pictures of the lobby with wall paper up.

As you enter the door on Wellsley lane, on the right is the "business centre". Use to be just brown paint.
25155_377542628540_661213540_3802092_6623095_n.jpg

Walking in towards the main area of the lobby, more wall paper
25155_377542663540_661213540_3802095_3618783_n.jpg

Along the wall of the hallway to elevator, there are wall paper too but unfortunately it's way too dark to show the details & the lousy flash that I have makes it look like white paint. I'm standing right in front of the elevators taking this picture. You can see where the wall paper stops; it's still a WIP
25155_377542648540_661213540_3802093_801567_n.jpg

So folks, let me know what you think.

Back