Toronto 50 Scollard | 147.62m | 41s | Lanterra | Foster + Partners

That's an average of 2.6 units per floor, and an average of 12 feet per floor as well, so yes, definitely a high-end proposal.

I'd like to see another Foster.

It's mixed use though, not all the floors are residential if I understand correctly.

That's why I said average, and that's still a high average. Take a foot out for floor slabs, and take a foot out from most of those floors to add into lower floors, and you still have average 10 foot ceilings for most condo floors. That's a lot.

all mixed use requires is for there to be a retail unit in the building, it doesn't necessarily mean that there is office space.

Unless the site's been sold recently, this is going to market as Fifty Scollard by McMurray Street Investments. Originally conceived as a 30 storey 130 unit building with sales to start in Fall 2013. Here's the prelim (dated) rendering:
8gLh2cs.png

source Warning: large PDF

Very cool design but I wish there were more pics with different angles. I like how it will bring some nice color contrast to the Four Seasons tower!

Nice! So simple, yet so refreshing... here's to hoping that the design doesn't shift too drastically.

Loving the lack of balconies and glass and the use of terracing -- makes for a more approachable and elegant design!

This is a very impressive design, and a nice change from the boring blue boxed window wall garbage we usually get. I wish this one could be put in right in the downtown core.

Back