Toronto 50 Scollard | 147.62m | 41s | Lanterra | Foster + Partners

Received a flyer in my mailbox today from a third-party agent that states 41 stories and 77 units.

The developer website also states the same:

"Witness an icon in the making. Perfectly poised to rise 41 storeys at the corner of Bay and Scollard in Yorkville, the 77 exclusive residences at 50 Scollard will capture the imagination and fulfill the unique demands of Toronto’s most discerning clientele. 50 Scollard combines the creative vision of Foster and Partners with the breathtaking interiors designed by Studio Munge to create an unparalled living experience in an unparalled location"
Developer website

The title and database file on UT should be changed to reflect these from the 42 stories and 64 units that has now changed
20181121_124128.jpg

Attachments

• 20181121_123820.jpg
    20181121_123820.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 480
Last edited:
I think in a project like this where there is lots of likelihood of customization and unit combination, the unit numbers will continue to fluctuate for a while, little point in trying to narrow it down now

Please stop bumping old threads without providing any new information.

We'd have 20 posts a day (maybe) if each one had to have new information. The nature of the beast. No harm in his post. May foster good conversation that otherwise wouldn't have happened.

He's offering his opinion which is not the same as reviving a thread and asking for an update.

I think in a project like this where there is lots of likelihood of customization and unit combination, the unit numbers will continue to fluctuate for a while, little point in trying to narrow it down now

Market condition has changed, I believe it has more to do with offshore buyers playing the wait and see game rather than unit customization. There was a time that the majority of multi million dollar units were bought by the Chinese or Iranians, Vancouver is much worse if you look at recent stats. It's easier to increase unit # and reduce unit size thus reducing price = increased sales at a lower valuation.. just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Market condition has changed, I believe it has more to do with offshore buyers playing the wait and see game rather than unit customization. There was a time that the majority of multi million dollar units were bought by the Chinese or Iranians, Vancouver is much worse if you look at recent stats. It's easier to increase unit # and reduce unit size thus reducing price = increased sales at a lower valuation.. just my 2 cents.
I think you're absolutely right in the case of this particular building, they didn't seem to quite garner end-user attention and are after the affluent international buyer.

Back