Toronto 50 Bloor Street West | 230.11m | 70s | Morguard Corporation | Pellow + Associates

Seeing this render is on my bucket list--it'a a pretty pathetic list to be sure--and who knows what could wind up happening in this crazy world--we could all end up as white shadows on sidewalks when WW3 breaks out. So, please show the render, or a piece of the render, reflected upside down in a mirror or car window or a puddle. I don't care, just give us something to give meaning and hope to this miserable, cynical age we're in. Pretty please, with sugar on top.

Wow! You make me laugh Irish Monk! I hope they can create much better vibrant open entertainment area like the Eatons Dundas square for events. With high rises that cascading around it .

Seeing this render is on my bucket list--it'a a pretty pathetic list to be sure--and who knows what could wind up happening in this crazy world--we could all end up as white shadows on sidewalks when WW3 breaks out. So, please show the render, or a piece of the render, reflected upside down in a mirror or car window or a puddle. I don't care, just give us something to give meaning and hope to this miserable, cynical age we're in. Pretty please, with sugar on top.

The world may go on as is and this project could still end up in Turner Fleischer's hands. It's a good chance you're just setting yourself up for disappointment to demand any imagery now. I don't think you're one of those that gets satisfaction out if disappointment ether. I'll gladly wait until such a time this project progresses a little further down the line.

Not just towers. I imagine it will involve structures of different heights and floor plate sizes. I'm mostly hoping for a strong street wall and inviting architecture at ground level. The towers are a bonus if they are well designed, but I don't much care about how tall they are.

Yes, Steven Holl please with a Linked Hybrid/Sliced Porosity, break up the block and connect Bloor and Yorkville with a nice big square to disrupt the relentlessness of Bloor Street and give pedestrians a more visible way to diffuse into Yorkville.

Three words: Jesse Ketchum Park.

Hard to believe that something that far would be a problem with shadowing, unless of course they are looking at the last 2weeks of December and first 2weeks of January..hahaha

2ldjb80.png

Wouldn't the area also include the south side of Yorkville - 27-37 Yorkville immediately south of the Four Seasons

It's not quite that famous a name. Most readers won't recognize them as "starchitects"… which will make it that much more difficult to guess, so I'm trying to be a well-intentioned wet blanket here: I'm afraid that when this is revealed that people will be disappointed…

So I'll tell you now, it's not any of the names guessed so far, and as a bonus, add MVRDV to that list.

Can we expect high quality architecture despite it not being designed by a "starchitect"?

Perish the thought the little kiddies would be deprived of 30 minutes of sunshine.
Of course, if direct sunshine was so vital to their health, the children could simply walk a short distance to the east or west, since the shadows would presumably be relatively narrow compared to the width of the playground. But apparently any area of the park being shadowed is a deadly threat, or something. I often think that the children at that school must be reverse vampires, who would burst into flame if they are directly exposed to a shadow. Ironically, half the area of the park is already shadowed by trees.

Three words: Jesse Ketchum Park.

I believe if they position the tallest tower at the southeast corner of the development, shadows could be avoided. This is probably what would happen anyway, as Yonge/Bloor is the designated height peak. No need to invoke the dreaded JKP just yet.

THREE WORDS JESSE KETCHUM SKYSCRAPERS !!
I wouldn't be surprised if they build high rise condos on that park. And put the park on top of sky bridges connecting all the condos together. Ha ha!!

Back