Toronto 50 Bloor Street West | 230.11m | 70s | Morguard Corporation | Pellow + Associates

why is it 80 floors now, rather than 83? it is still 277m..

To quote page 3 of the the PDF:

"The proposed tower design can be categorized into three sections, lower (floors 11-38,
middle (floors 41-65) and upper (floors 68-80)...At the top of the tower there is a 3-level mechanical
penthouse."

I believe the 83 levels includes the mechanical.

It's hard to read, but the elevation plans on page 14 indicate the very top height is 276.690m.

Last edited:
you could read that? i could see the 27 at the start but after that... you must have the magic enhancer that CSI uses!

lol it was pretty easy to read not sure if srs

"The proposed tower design can be categorized into three sections, lower (floors 11-38,
middle (floors 41-65) and upper (floors 68-80). While the design of the tower remains
consistent along its east face, the towers changes form between each of the sections along
its west face. The floor plates will vary from 805 square meters to 1190 square meters, as
indicated by the applicant. At the top of the tower there is a 3-level mechanical
penthouse."

lol it was pretty easy to read not sure if srs...

No silly... He meant the numbers on the diagram on page 14. Not the words written in plain English!

:rolleyes:

9Rz4J.jpg

http://ward27news.ca

October 29 – 50 Bloor and 37 Yorkville Community Consultation
This is a public consultation for the sites 50 Bloor and 37 Yorkville.

When: 6:30-9:30pm

Where: Stone Church – 45 Davenport Road

Thanks for the info, this is one meeting I plan on attending, just hope I don't loose my cool when some miserable idiot (there's always several at these meetings) starts to whine about shadowing or increased traffic, duh, welcome to downtown. I can understand legitimate concerns, but, shadowing? Seriously? It's not like it's a completely flat area, there are already many towers in the area, one more isn't going to make any difference!

IMO, shadowing downtown parks from early spring through late fall is a problem as we have so few of them and on important civic spaces, otherwise I don't buy the shadow argument for point towers. If I owned a house downtown that got shadowed by a new tall building for part of the day it would definitely suck, but that's what comes with living downtown.

Thanks for the info, this is one meeting I plan on attending, just hope I don't loose my cool when some miserable idiot (there's always several at these meetings) starts to whine about shadowing or increased traffic, duh, welcome to downtown. I can understand legitimate concerns, but, shadowing? Seriously? It's not like it's a completely flat area, there are already many towers in the area, one more isn't going to make any difference!

you need to come out and demand that it be taller. say that a building on an intersection this important should be at least 90 floors. show how stupid he is demanding a building that is only 200m on the intersection of two subway lines in the downtown of the 5th largest city on the continent.

Normally I love tall buildings and don't object to one here - in fact I could live this proposal. However Gehry & Sir Foster Norman have raised the bar. I'd like to see a similar effort here.

^^Definetly agree over here.
A lot of Torontonians think that this is still the Toronto from 20 years ago when it was more like Mississauga. Then they are the same ones complaining that Toronto isnt a world class city. Well it never will be when its own inhabitants resist progress. Sure, height is an issue sometimes but not in the heart of downtown alongside buildings that are already quite tall. If I was in charge, I wouldve checked to make sure if the building isnt made completely cheap, checked if there was a market for it and then approved it.

Funny how a month ago people said we would never get starchitects to build here then when we do, they demand that every major new building is by one..

"Well that escalated quickly"

Lol

demand that every major new building is by one..
Lol

Yes and no, i wouldnt be a bit surprised of how many, city planners, coucillors, and large number of people here on UT that hope this is all a bad dream, and that these starchitects with these fancy proposals would all go away..lol
Gee, some historical decisions will have to be made here, and soon enough we'll know what direction Toronto will want to take

Back