Toronto 5 Capri | 73.5m | 21s | Tenblock | BDP Quadrangle

Interesting -- anyone know what bike cafe means?

1669834367408.png

The park makes more sense when you look at the block context plan I think

1669834455458.png

Did a little digging and the property next door 530 The East Mall sold to Hazelview recently - can't find an exact date

1669834667095.png

I see a 15% park dedication. Won't that drop to 10% under new Bill 23 rules as the site is under 5 hectares?

Interesting -- anyone know what bike cafe means?

View attachment 442081

The park makes more sense when you look at the block context plan I think

View attachment 442082

Did a little digging and the property next door 530 The East Mall sold to Hazelview recently - can't find an exact date

View attachment 442083

Yup, with Hazelview picking up the 530 The East Mall site immediately to the east of 5 Capri, there's no way the 7-storey groundscraper will exist on that property indefinitely, and I would expect a proposal for that site meeting the block context plan soon enough. In that context, and with the Burnhamthorpe Collegiate site adjacent to both properties to the south, it makes sense to me to put the park dedication where it is in the resubmission.

I wouldn't like to see 5% of the park dedication land clawed back through the recent planning rule changes.

@Northern Light Thank you.

The new info is updated. The total unit decreased from 824 units to 805 units. And finally, the total bike parking was reduced from 717 bikes to 689 bikes.

Info is taken from the architecture plan via Rezoning submission.

Limited scope resubmission here (February '24) for the purpose of lifting the 'H' or holding provision.

No changes to building, just new reports and conditions in the by-law being fulfilled.

@Paclo

Back