Toronto 491 Glencairn | 31.2m | 8s | Greatwise | Core Architects

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Whaaaaaaaa? I grew up on Glencairn and have wondered about the fate of this contaminated site for years

I believe the developer owns the first two houses on Strathallan Wood (one block south of Glencairn). They are boarded up. It would mean the condo would stretch a full block.

its kind of a funny little office/retail area. There are quite a few sizable plots for redevelopment - the parking lot behind the Shopper's Drug Mart on the east side is HUGE, as is the parking lot on the west side of bathurst just south of Glencairn. Kind of a shame the subway was put under the Allen and not Bathurst - as there would have been greater impetus to develop some of these dead spots.

It does look like the old school 50's office building just north of Glencairn is being retrofitted as well. http://2828bathurst.com/

491 Glencairn was the address of my dad's Texaco station for decades. I practically grew up on that lot back in the 70s and 80s -- pumping gas for custmers like the Reichmans. Lots of great memories. I will be curious to see what goes up there.

Very nice and encouraging. Too many of these sites are going for townhouses with fronts doors right on Bathurst.

Back