Toronto 485 Wellington Street West | 51m | 14s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

Eww...are we sure we aren't mixing with another building's rendering? Doesn't look like it will fit with the area, does it?

I think the brick plays off that on The Well quite nicely actually:

urbantoronto-9438-33066.jpg

Fair enough. Maybe I jumped the gun a bit on my opinion of it. It could also be the massing just felt a bit big for me, and the quality of the rendering seemed, I dunno, too bright and airy for this area, which in my mind should be darker, with darker coloured brick.

This thing is going to hulk over Draper Street. The neighbouring developers of the Well appear to taken a sensitive approach when considering the last patch of historic worker cottages, but this proposal seems to one where the maximum everything is going to be shoved onto the lot.

Has a rezoning application been submitted for this development? I was hoping to attend the community meeting to see how it will impact the Draper St cottages.

Got it...I guess to be more precise, I was looking for a preliminary planning report, or at least the developer's planning rationale...but couldn't find it online

I dont like those white rectangles on the 2nd floor kinda reminds me of the Dragon condos development or whatever on Spadina..

Back