Toronto 48 Lowe's Place | 17.8m | 2s | Microsoft | WZMH

innsertnamehere

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
New data Centre Microsoft is proposing to construct. This will replace the Lowe's store just off of the 401 and Islington. Surprising, since the Lowe's isn't even 10 years old.

Arch plans are on the application website if anyone wants to pull them.

Proposal for a data centre (communications/technology facility) that will be 2-storey with a 1-storey office/admin and support facility located at the west end of the site.

New data Centre Microsoft is proposing to construct. This will replace the Lowe's store just off of the 401 and Islington. Surprising, since the Lowe's isn't even 10 years old.

Arch plans are on the application website if anyone wants to pull them.

1647543686079.png

1647543768471.png

1647543875078.png

1647543917062.png

As per the image above....

I love how the bottom of each plan page has 'Confidential' marked.

My wife works in the area and I never knew how to get here so I just avoided it and went to the easier to access location homedepot at Kipling.

Looks like they'll be designing the building in S Mode... >.<

So it’s a data centre, with minimal jobs on site, but this isn’t a bad place for it, with its relative isolation and poor transit access.
Transit will actually be good - go station will be moved from Kipling to Islington only minutes away - frequent buses on Islington / off major highway 401 and next to UP rail tracks.

Transit will actually be good - go station will be moved from Kipling to Islington only minutes away - frequent buses on Islington / off major highway 401 and next to UP rail tracks.
I'm looking for something online that corroborates what you're saying about Etobicoke North station moving to Islington Avenue, but I cannot find anything. If you have a link to something, please share it!

I'm looking for something online that corroborates what you're saying about Etobicoke North station moving to Islington Avenue, but I cannot find anything. If you have a link to something, please share!
Sorry, my mistake. I was looking at the direction on the map wrong. There will be future direct access to the GO Station as noted in the document.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back