Hamilton 462 Wilson Street East (Ancaster) | 25.8m | 7s | Ironpoint Capital Management | MSAi

Paclo

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
442-462 Wilson Street East: a proposed 7-storey mixed-use retirement residence and commercial building designed by Michael Spaziani Architect (MSAi) for 2691893 Ontario Inc. (c/o Ironpoint Capital Management Inc.) and Amica Senior Lifestyles on the south side of Wilson Street East, west of Rousseaux Street in Old Ancaster, Hamilton.

Renders from the Design Review Panel Presentation of January 2022:
drp-package-462-wilson-street-east-774.jpg
drp-package-462-wilson-street-east-775.jpg
drp-package-462-wilson-street-east-776.jpg
drp-package-462-wilson-street-east-777.jpg

The "backup" plan for this site is a 6-storey mixed-use building, more information can be found in the Applicant Summary and Staff Summary.

As it should have been. This is my main gripe when discussing height in various neighbourhoods. People spend a lot of time being critical of downtowns with height limits, which I've argued elsewhere make some sense, but spend little time being critical of wealthy suburbs fight any and all density.

As a downtown resident, I am incredibly glad to see this approved, not because of some kind of revenge belief, but because every neighbourhood and every area of the city should be densifying. People should be able to shift to a smaller space if they want but remain in the same neighbourhood.

Sigh why can't we have beautiful stuff like this downtown..

And lol.. shift to a smaller place, and spend even more money for it.. shrinkflation. You'll get less, spend more, and you will be happy.

I'm LOVING the landscaping around it. Makes it feel so homey, like something from niagara on the lake.

Sigh why can't we have beautiful stuff like this downtown..

And lol.. shift to a smaller place, and spend even more money for it.. shrinkflation. You'll get less, spend more, and you will be happy.

I'm LOVING the landscaping around it. Makes it feel so homey, like something from niagara on the lake.
You're assuming that everyone rents in rent controlled housing. People who have paid off their 3 bedroom house and are empty nesters can afford to sell their home and downsize into something like this. The issue is that historically this hasn't been an option in these areas of the city.

You're assuming that everyone rents in rent controlled housing. People who have paid off their 3 bedroom house and are empty nesters can afford to sell their home and downsize into something like this. The issue is that historically this hasn't been an option in these areas of the city.
Well good thing the people in Ancaster are rich lol..

Back