Toronto 462 Wellington West | 49.61m | 15s | Verve | Giannone Petricone

AHK

Member Bio
Reaction score
I do not know what this means - but pretty sure that it does mean something for the future. The parking lot to the east side of the Herman Miller building at 462 Wellington Street West.

(Mods - I could not find an existing thread for this location - if there is one, and I missed it, could you please transfer this post).

462 Wellington Street West - 1.jpg

462 Wellington Street West - 2.jpg

Last edited:
Allied's purchase of 456 Wellington was part of the overall agreement with the City regarding The Well project - the 456 Wellington site is to become a parkette in support of the residential density from the towers across the road, south side of Wellington. So not likely to be part of any consolidation or joint development. It is a large parking lot though, so the existing 462 Wellington side could probably support some additional development - especially given what has been proposed for other sites on the north side of Wellington between Spadina and Portland.

Agreed. Not suggesting that Allied would try and develop it. From what I've heard, the park is a way to increase the site area and lower the FSI of the Bjarke, King Street proposal.

Details now filled in on the development applications page:

Zoning By-law Amendment application to facilitate redevelopment of the site with a 17-storey mixed-use building on the east portion of the site: five storeys of office and 12 storeys of seniors living suites rise above the office base, with retail space along wellington Street. The existing heritage building on the west portion of the site would be retained.

Details now filled in on the development applications page:

Zoning By-law Amendment application to facilitate redevelopment of the site with a 17-storey mixed-use building on the east portion of the site: five storeys of office and 12 storeys of seniors living suites rise above the office base, with retail space along wellington Street. The existing heritage building on the west portion of the site would be retained.
Interesting

Rich seniors I guess. Too bad about this one. There was a rumour circulating that the City was trying to buy the parking lot to expand the Cat Park.

If you are a rich senior you already own a +$2-3M suite on Wellington (500 Wellington, 468 Wellington and the new west residential building on Wellington coming from Tridel).

Back