Toronto Spadina Adelaide Square | 185.1m | 58s | Fengate | Arcadis

That's the case with a lot of developments. By the time Spire was built, the design was almost 5 years old. Same with almost every other project due to the glacial pace of city approval and studies, the whole marketing stage, and finally construction delays. The only really recent designs off the top of my head are buildings like 1 Bloor and Aura because they've undergone redesigns (I'm sure there are others that fit into that category).

Current posted a few more renders and some sort of manifesto over at SkyscraperCity...

2887576839_b2075f1e67_b.jpg

2887576855_9a9496893e_b.jpg

2887576847_7655a59ebd_b.jpg

That is one of the best presentation centres we have ever seen in this city.

Thanks for the photos.

If somebody would restore the New York Fur mansion at Peter & Adelaide, that would add some nice historic spice to that strip.

Yes - that eyesore is a quintessential example of the "Toronto Special". I walk past it everyday and curse. If you are in the area note the fur sale posters on the other side of the street selling fur coats by Christ brand.

I received a call and email from marketing for Langston Hall. Looks like this one is up and running again in the sales department. There is an open house this weekend. See below.

"Langston Hall limited edition residences, sales have started!
A rare release of 30 unique spaces with unsurpassed standard features. These Villas will not last long!
Open House this weekend from 1 to 4 at the sales pavilion on the north west corner of Charlotte and Adelaide."

Langston Hall (Adelaide @ Charotte, OESI Group, 13s, rhed) Templar hotel

The old Langston Hall thread is not searchable since the site refresh...so I am starting a new thread about this interesting project.

Since 2009, there has been little to none discussions regarding this project, so thought I'd give some updates and keep the discussion going.

I have been to the Monk Lounge at the IDS10 which was designed and hosted by Templar (Langston Hall), and there was a prototype of the building there:

image-5FD9_4B635D02.jpg

In terms of Templar hotel, I was passing by today and seems all glazing is done and I spoke to the construction people who told me the interior will be finishing by March this year.

image-C6EB_4B635D02.jpg

I like the terrace glazzing in particular:

image-7D1E_4B635D02.jpg

Further more...some renderings of the Monk Lounge by Templar Hotel / Langston Hall at the IDS10:

4288281232_9f478dcc4a_m.jpg

4287156714_d6d7219372_m.jpg

4287156134_54cf8ab404_m.jpg

4287155526_28c188706f_m.jpg

4287155250_61fbaca376_m.jpg

And I believe these renderings below are for Citizen House, a new project by Templar / Langston Hall:

4286415015_0a3c393a70_m.jpg

4287154854_b682f7dec6_m.jpg

4286414375_536cf9e754_m.jpg

Seem pretty cool...

From what I heard...Langston Hall presentation centre will be removed shortly and they will breakground this Spring, so I am sharing a few shots of the sales centre:

4286412525_3494c3e7f5_m.jpg

4286413945_8e4abd6790_m.jpg

Tell us what you think and what you know about this project and the Templar hotel...good or bad, or even rumors...

Enjoy~

^Are you Ray from Azure magazine?

In answer to your PM, no I do not have any more info. I am working on my connections to the design biz in Toronto though, and may be able to dig up more info.

I hope Langston Hall breaks ground this year! But, judging by Templar Hotel, it could take the team 10 years to build.

^Are you Ray from Azure magazine?

In answer to your PM, no I do not have any more info. I am working on my connections to the design biz in Toronto though, and may be able to dig up more info.

I hope Langston Hall breaks ground this year! But, judging by Templar Hotel, it could take the team 10 years to build.

ha, no, I am not the same Ray...

What people said about Langston Hall is that the financing of hotel is totally different from condos...you get money before you build on condos...but you get no money up front on hotels....and I have been told funding on these two projects are totally seperate...although the design is very closely related.

Langston Hall can not take more than 3 years to build...simply because it is regulated by Tarion, and the critical date is set to be no later than mid-2012...if they dont finish by then, they are screwed...

So I am assuming breaking ground this year is being realistic, considering they are finishing and opening the Templar hotel this year (finally)...and the same construction team will just move on to the new site for Langston Hall.

I've been meaning to ask ... what does IDS stand for??

Back