Toronto Spadina Adelaide Square | 188.2m | 58s | Fengate Properties | Arcadis

Cabeman, that google photo demonstrates just how much density the area could still handle: 3 more condo sites (about 500 units) on those parking lots!

I actually use Microsoft Live Search maps, but yeah, I'm often struck when I browse the aerial images how many potential redevelopment sites there are.

They've been going really slowly on this sales centre, I've never seen more than 2 guys working on it during the day... and now that the snow's melted, the site's a mess of garbage, paint cans, construction garbage..

The glass is in let the sales begin....

DSC03456.jpg

Is this project gonna be Templar hotel v2.0? It's slowwwwwwwwwwww.....

Langston Hall (Adelaide @ Charotte, OESI Group, 13s, rhed)

Sorry, if there was an original thread for this building it's most likely buried many pages back. This is that small building located between Spadina and Peter on the north side of Adelaide. The building that's taken over 4 years to build, for those of you think that Trump was slow....`Anyway, pretty nice website, and the sales office is probably one of the best designed showrooms I've seen, especially for a building of such small scale.

I believe this the steel/glass building at the southwest corner of Adelaide + Charlotte?

being developed by ISONGREEN International ... I'm not familiar with the name

but cool website and nice small modern looking building which will complement the abutting Charlotte condos well, the block will be entirely transformed with Charlotte, Hudson, Charlie, Glas, and now Langston Hall

Langston Hall is a condo project on the south west corner of Adelaide and Charlotte where the presentation centre currently sits. Thread here: http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.php?t=7945

The slow-moving project on the north side of Adelaide at Peter is the Templar Hotel, a different development. Thread here: http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.php?t=6629

These two projects get confused often, possibly because Toronto-based designer Del Terrelonge is involved in both.

Site pic courtesy of Cabeman in the original thread:

Adelaide_Charlotte.jpg

According to this Globe article, the developer (Langston Hall Development Inc.) purchased this 0.137-acre site for $3.13-million.

Here is the rendering on the Langson Hall sales centre:

Here's another rendering I found at the TOBuilt page for Langston, but this actually appears to be a rendering of the Templar Hotel, not Langston Hall. They share some of the same design elements.

templarhotelr2yv1.jpg

Correct. Templar is the one without the small setback. Post edited.

I just found these renderings on the website:

The sales centre. One of the best I've seen in Toronto, right up there with Pier27.

langstonsalescu8.jpg

Another rendering of the actual building:

langstonhallyd5.jpg

Have to be quick with the prnt scrn key because they fade in and out.

Apparently this was designed by Rhed, or Rhed-22. Here's their awful 1997-style flash website which offers absolutely no information: www.rhed-22.com

Here's a short summary of a House & Home episode featuring Langston Hall: http://www.houseandhome.com/tvsite/tvViewS9.php?content=125775&p=2

Yeah, this whole block from King, Charlotte, Adelaide, and Spadina is getting some great infill. All that's left to develop is that shoddy retail bunker and parking lot at Spadina & Adelaide.

I heard this site had an opening this week, did anyone attend?

The site is at 46 Charlotte, Terralonge Design is behind the project.

The sales centre is open. They had the little drink and eat soiree a little while back. No idea if it is selling well or not.

Concerning Templar: the site still looks static. The same two rooms have been lit for weeks and I don't see any progress inside. The only difference is that some garbage has been cleaned up in front.

Re: the Templar. The guy I know involved in the project is a cokehead...should explain things....:)

Re: Langston Hall. The major problem I have with it, is that since it obviously is influenced by the Templar Hotel's design (vision), the architects obviously are still stuck in their c.2003 design ideas.

Back