Toronto 457 Richmond Street West | 57m | 19s | DC Dev Corp | a—A

richmond.JPG

Attachments

• richmond.JPG
    richmond.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 2,190
Very handsome project and despite a small footprint, it has a pretty tidy ground floor layout.

The proportions of the units look good and the brickwork around the windows has some subtle angles that are a really nice touch. I'm really liking this one and it already looks like a pretty well-resolved design for something whose application just went up.

Best of all, it's got some of that great aA detailing - reveals, extrusions, etc. I'm liking this.

EDIT: If the red face brick gets swapped out for something else I will cry.

Last edited:
This stretch of Richmond, west of Spadina is continuing to mature and densify. With Fabrik, this, James, and the other established buildings already in place, a rather formidable canyon of mid/highrises is forming. And then further on west, as the Waterworks and Stephenson's site developments are also along the horizon.

The 471 Richmond site, and lot between the Morgan and James will likely continue this trend in the future.

Last edited:
It looks good, but it would look better if the brick design continued to ground level IMO.

As I understand it, the freeze only applies to demo permits. As this will take a year plus to get rezoned, the applicant won't be applying for that sort of thing until after the moratorium has been lifted.

Back