Toronto 450 Richmond West | 60.85m | 19s | DC Dev Corp | a—A

PMT

Member Bio
Reaction score
450 RICHMOND ST W
Ward 20 - Tor & E.York District

►View All Properties

Zoning By-law Amendment to facilitate redevelopment of the site with a 19-storey (including mezzanine) mixed-use retail and residential project, comprised of a 7-storey tower atop a 12-storey podium (including mezzanine). The project proposes 111 residential condominium units (subject to final design layout) and 336 square metres of retail and service space (178 square metres at grade level with the balance located below-grade). On-site parking for 5 car-share spaces and 1 service space is available at grade, accessed from a rear laneway.

Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---

Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Rezoning 17 192881 STE 20 OZ Jul 5, 2017 Under Review

Current site:
upload_2017-7-6_19-45-12.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-7-6_19-45-12.png
    upload_2017-7-6_19-45-12.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,815
I was amazed this didn't get developed along with the James next door - all the better I guess, it creates a more fine grained urban experience.
I said that when James was announced, as well at the ward meeting.

This is fantastic! Two individual buildings instead of one larger one. I wish all of our streetscapes could do this sort of thing.

Unfortunately it seems like another Dani Cohen land play. Rezone (or position to rezone) and sell. I assume he's just trying to entice Brad to take the plot for James.

Last edited:
Update:
A growing pocket of density in Toronto's Queen and Spadina area may be growing even denser. Earlier this month, a development application was submitted to the City of Toronto seeking rezoning for a 19-storey condominium project at 450 Richmond Street West. Planned for a parking lot just west of "The Morgan" (which rises at Spadina and Richmond), the architectsAlliance-designed development would reach a height of 61.1 metres, or 200 feet in height, the same as proposed for The James to the immediate west. The James is a proposed Lamb Dev Corp project which features a similarly contemporary architectsAlliance design. Together, the two buildings' complementary proportions and designs would extend a high-density streetwall forming on Richmond Street.

upload_2018-1-17_12-50-2.png

The rendering looks good! I don't think they'll get away with no residential parking in this location.

Attachments

• upload_2018-1-17_12-50-2.png
    upload_2018-1-17_12-50-2.png
    111.4 KB · Views: 1,157
It's a boutique building by number of units compared to the average downtown proposal. It's ideal for proposing limited parking stalls. I have issues with the bicycle parking provided here and for many other projects. It's less than 1:1 for residents which feels just too low. The average number of people living in a one bedroom condo is just going to continue to rise in tandem with the average price per square foot.

I agree that the bicycle parking ratio needs to increase, but it's also unrealistic to consider a 0% parking ratio even for a boutique condo. 8-10% is something I think they could fight.

Back