Toronto Hudson Toronto Hotel | 45.72m | 14s | Niche | a—A

If any building was to stay, I'd like to see the High Victorian Gothic house on the corner retained. Overall, this new proposal looks bland. There was another proposal passed by C of A back in 2005 for this site as well, but I think it died because the same land assembly effort couldn't be achieved.

From what I recall, the Freed/Lash building at 10 Morrison acquired it's present L-shape due to some of the Adelaide townhouse owners refusing to be bought out way back in 2005 or so. So these hold-outs have gone some way to shaping the existing block.

For such a little street Morrison can get quite jammed with traffic. It'd be interesting to see how this proposed office building could be serviced by trucks through that little lane while cars are trying to make there way to and from the parking lot on the east side of that street.

Pics taken Oct 12, 2017

viBpkcW.jpg

jg8YBgL.jpg

55noHYz.jpg

Both the notice boards have since been removed from the property. No word why as of yet.

Interesting. I noticed that the two signs have reappeared with the same information. There hold-out at 451 Adelaide is still there.

The previous developer was Niche, which I believe Brad Lamb is associated with. I'm curious to see who the new developer is.

Lamb has partnered with Niche on other projects, but it's not Lamb's company. Lamb may be getting more involved here though.

Confirmed on Realnet - Lamb has bought this property

Ish. Lamb is with Niche. AFAIK the play is still for office here to help with office replacement requirements at other sites.

A 7 St Thomas-style development with full retention of the corner house and the facades of the rowhouses would look so darn good here.

Not for me. It's either redevelopment or restoration. I don't want to see facades and glass addition over houses here. That said, the corner house could be retained with a taller, slimmer office condo built to replace the townhouses. Odd juxtapositions is very Toronto too.

Public meeting notice in Cressy's latest newsletter:

King-Spadina Development Public consultation meeting
November 20th, 2017, 6:30 pm- 8:30 pmMetro Hall, Room 308/309 (55 John Street)

You are invited to a community consultation meeting that I am hosting to discuss development proposals for 445-451 Adelaide St W & 135-143 Portland St. This is an opportunity to learn more and make your voice heard.

Back