Toronto 419 College Street | 43.15m | 13s | BDP Quadrangle

I was banned from BlogTO last week on all their platforms. For merely pointing out their unethical headlines. They then accused ME of spreading the falsehoods and won't' discuss the matter further. #BlogTOisClickBait.

e developers to build retail spaces that can handle the variety of businesses that attract people to city living in the first place.
Crews & Tango may be saved because of this in The Village. Still, it's hard to see a typical Toronto TSCC supporting this when they largely answer to owners upstairs.

"sneaky disease" is officially my new term for our collectively favourite major global event this year.
"Stinky Cheese" was another popular one in the day... and maybe still.

Last edited:
I was banned from BlogTO last week on all their platforms. For merely pointing out their unethical headlines. They then accused ME of spreading the falsehoods and won't' discuss the matter further. #BlogTOisClickBait.

Crews & Tango may be saved because of this in The Village. Still, it's hard to see a typical Toronto TSCC supporting this when they largely answer to owners upstairs.

Stiny Cheese was another popular one in the day... and maybe still.
I was blocked from blogTO's Twitter too for supporting Jason. We occasionally have to remove people from UrbanToronto who cannot learn to get along with other forum contributors, but we do not simply block/ban people for simply disagreeing with us. What blogTO has done is ridiculously spineless.

I was blocked from blogTO's Twitter too for supporting Jason. We occasionally have to remove people from UrbanToronto who cannot learn to get along with other forum contributors, but we do not simply block/ban people for simply disagreeing with us. What blogTO has done is ridiculously spineless.

I'm so curious what happened! Spill the tea lol.

Either way, you're not missing anything. The only reason I read BlogTO is they are great for hearing about new stores and restaurants. But ya, they are all about the clickbait headlines. Though they are not quite as bad as Narcity.

Or more likely - BlogTO have messed up themselves
BlogTO was never great journalism. But they've gotten much worse, all in the name of getting clicks.

"Stinky Cheese" was another popular one in the day... and maybe still.

I saw this happen in real time, sorry Jason. Why *anyone* continues to follow them is beyond me.

But hey, apparently people want that: "TORONTO IS GETTING A..." content...

Supporting docs are up. Design by Quadrangle:

1600982357186.png

Applicant has included a potential music venue on the 2nd floor, image below shows stage area in the diagram. At only 2, 700ft2 it would be intimate!

1600984293041.png

On landscape:

Plans show a net reduction of trees (2) along the College frontage.

While there is an intent to offer continuous trenches under ground, the proposed soil volume of 21m3 per tree is light.

Trees will not have exposed soil at surface, understandable if one accepts the proposed sidewalk width.

I would contend the latter is unreasonably narrow and requires widening. The proposal is capturing pedestrian space by overhanging it.

I'm of mixed opinion on this idea; but either way the exposed portion of sidewalk needs to be larger.

Lots of abandoned crap under the road here.

Abandoned Watermains and Gas Lines showing. (both frontages)

Mess should be removed at responsible party's expense during digging!

Last edited:
Anyone notice the historic bank building across the street has been...painted?

This is unfortunately weaker urbanism than is already there. The retail units are shallow and it's a pretty fat strip of main street with only one facade. This would be well suited for the parking lot across the street, but it is a pretty chunky building for the location. The building down the street at palmerston is a shorter version of what we would see in terms of scale and street presence. It's going to be tough for the general public to get behind this one given the attachment to the area. I don't hate the building, but even if a music venue stays it will suck the life out of that corner for at least a decade. It would be much better to change the building code so we could see these lots developed individually.

Back