Toronto 415 Yonge | 231m | 66s | Marwest | Kirkor Architects

Never seen that 2017 design before. That’s nice. Just combine that glass and use it on the new design?! ? ???

I personally don't like the design. I don't think it will turn out well, likely just too clunky.

I think the density and heights are appropriate though, you've got precedent next door for a nice and tall building but they need to balance the height with a better design.

The design of AURA set a very bad precedent in the area, developers don't need to spend much on architecture in that vicinity
First, the massive YSL was a copy and paste, and now this 415 is being watered down.

It's definitely an improvement in the design, it's certainly better than just plopping a giant glass shard on top of a very different looking office building.

This is ambitious for Marwest/Artis REIT. Their portfolio is decent, but this is a step up. They did a good job in Winnipeg with the 360 Main reclad (maybe one of the best looking reclads in the country) and 300 Main looks like it will be solid. I'd like to see them be able to pull it off.

It's not real. A reclad is one thing, this is not a real structure. Kind of like how 217 Adelaide isn't a real proposal as well.

There's a theme here...

It's definitely an improvement in the design, it's certainly better than just plopping a giant glass shard on top of a very different looking office building.

This is ambitious for Marwest/Artis REIT. Their portfolio is decent, but this is a step up. They did a good job in Winnipeg with the 360 Main reclad (maybe one of the best looking reclads in the country) and 300 Main looks like it will be solid. I'd like to see them be able to pull it off.

The 360 Main reclad is an ugly mess of glass, glass spandrel, and mullion caps. The original was old and sun bleached and in need of replacing. It would have looked more sophisticated if they did an updated version of it.(like Brookfield did with FCP in Toronto)

Artis is capable of building this. They may even be in a position where they have to build this to offset their losses in Calgary. It's not real since the city would never allow this.

Can someone tell me if this development just got taller ? Because I just seen it move up in the ranks to 72 storeys on skyscraperpage illustration page .

It looks taller, but it's still ugly!

Interesting though that this time there's no pretenses of historical preservation.

Can someone tell me if this development just got taller ? Because I just seen it move up in the ranks to 72 storeys on skyscraperpage illustration page .
A new design was just submitted to the City. No official heights yet, but in the new renders it appears to be about the same height as Aura (so maybe 270m). Counting floors on the render yields 72 floors.

I put the 72 in there, but have since removed it because it isn't an official number and may not be accurate.

I always liked the other design but hated that it was just plopped on the other building looking entirely out of place. This new render it kinda how I thought the older design should have looked.
Much improved.

Being sold…

No word on who the buyer is yet.

Back