Toronto 411 Church | 121.91m | 38s | CentreCourt | IBI Group

there aren't many left at this point, only 2 between Dundas and Bloor.. (Beer Store and the lot at Bloor and Church)

well, 3 if you count that really small spot at McGill that fits something like 3 cars and is always full of taxis.

church street condos.JPG
Green = approved
Yellow = proposed
Pink = remaining potential sites (some are pie in the sky)
Hope that's correct.

Attachments

• church street condos.JPG
    church street condos.JPG
    470.4 KB · Views: 2,156
the site on Jarvis south of Carlton isn't approved, its gone to the OMB. Neither is the site on the northwest corner of Church and McGill, I believe its still moving through approvals.

there aren't many left at this point, only 2 between Dundas and Bloor.. (Beer Store and the lot at Bloor and Church)

well, 3 if you count that really small spot at McGill that fits something like 3 cars and is always full of taxis.

Don't forget the lot just south of O'Grady's. Could be a great spot for a skinny and tall development.

Loblaws made a great business decision building out the MLG site: so many customers, both current and potential.

One issue with this condo (and others) will be congestion: Church and Carlton are already choked most hours of the day. I've noticed that the eliminated street parking on Carlton during the Panam games made a marked difference. While the merchants may howl at making this permanent, I'd think Church street parking will have to go, and I think the pedestrian traffic will make up for the loss of car traffic.

Loblaws made a great business decision building out the MLG site: so many customers, both current and potential.

One issue with this condo (and others) will be congestion: Church and Carlton are already choked most hours of the day. I've noticed that the eliminated street parking on Carlton during the Panam games made a marked difference. While the merchants may howl at making this permanent, I'd think Church street parking will have to go, and I think the pedestrian traffic will make up for the loss of car traffic.

Agreed, get rid of the street parking and bring in dedicated bike lanes!

http://www.citylab.com/cityfixer/20...erting-street-parking-into-bike-lanes/387595/

Another Church Street parking lot slated for development
With Church Street’s parking lots heading toward extinction, it looks like Pride Toronto is going to have to find new places to party.

This month Church/Wood Residences Limited Partnership filed for a zoning by-law amendment for a 45-storey mixed use building at 411 Church, at the south-east corner of Church and Wood. The half-acre site is currently a parking lot that’s provided a home to Pride’s South stage for more than a decade. The building as proposed would have a seven-storey base, about the same height as Maple Leaf Gardens across the street, and 583 residential units in a point tower.

“The north and south faces of the building are lined with balconies while the east and west faces are devoid of any balcony expression,” states the planning report filed with the city. “The balconies have a saw tooth profile that alternates from floor to floor creating a honeycomb pattern on the north and south faces. Due to the shifting planes of the balcony faces, the dividers are sloped as they connect between two levels and help complete the architectural expression.”
more..........http://www.yongestreetmedia.ca/devnews/411churchstreetparkinglotgoescondo08262015.aspx

I can't imagine them getting that height approved given the presence of the Public School just across the street to the north. I like the saw tooth profile of the balconies however.

Those south facing balconies won't be very desirable considering Stanley Condos will be directly next door. Those balconies will literally be looking right into peoples living rooms.

This building would look fine but needs to be situated differently so that the north and south 'balcony expressions' faced east and west. It's a relatively large site; you'd think they could just rotate it 90 degrees.

The dataBase file for this development has been created. The architect is Page + Steele. (I quite like the "honeycomb" design.) You'll find higher-res versions of the rendering in the file, a site plan, elevations, and the March 21 shadow study diagram. Dark purple indicates ares shadows by a 45-storey tower. Still don't know who the developers are. Still think it's too tall.

Back