Toronto 41 Wabash | 16.48m | 4s | VANDYK | pml.A

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
From Councillor Perks' office:

The developer of 41 Wabash Avenue, Curated Properties, will be holding a pre-application meeting to discuss their proposed plans for this site.

General Purpose Room, Fern Avenue School

128 Fern Avenue

Monday, January 29, 2018

7-9 PM

The developer is proposing a 4 storey mixed-use development with townhouse and office uses. Details will be available at the community meeting.

Councillor Perks and City Planning staff will be in attendance.

If you are unable to attend the meeting and are interested in providing comment and/or receiving more detailed information, please email Councillor Perks office at councillor_perks@toronto.ca.​

Be a great opportunity for some clever adaptive re-use.

A quiet side street, in a desirable neighbourhood, across from a park & a booming farmers' market? These'll fetch a pretty penny.

Plenty of set buyers frequented that place over the years. Shame it's closing up.... wonder if it will relocate elsewhere? Really wondering what will happen to all those vintage fixtures.

Plenty of set buyers frequented that place over the years. Shame it's closing up.... wonder if it will relocate elsewhere? Really wondering what will happen to all those vintage fixtures.
They were huge with prop rentals for the film industry, and the only one reconditioning old Victorian cast iron radiators, let alone all the trinkets you could find,
too bad, i guess it's another part of Toronto history gone

Both props and sets, sure. It's been a major go-to destination for buyers over the years. That's why I'm interested in what's happening to the business... because it's been a very viable business.

So sad. I just bought something from them last year after the father had died. They seemed to be trying to keep it going but I guess they decided not to in the end. They had posted on their Facebook page in August so I thought they were still open.

Architect is RAW:
upload_2018-10-22_19-50-54.png

upload_2018-10-22_19-51-19.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-10-22_19-50-54.png
    upload_2018-10-22_19-50-54.png
    202.5 KB · Views: 2,332
  • upload_2018-10-22_19-51-19.png
    upload_2018-10-22_19-51-19.png
    284.8 KB · Views: 2,322
are they planning on tearing down the concrete wall that separates the existing building and the park?. I wonder how soon the new residents will start complaining about all the kids and teenagers making noise on the basketball court.

Update on 41 Wabash Avenue development

Inclusion on the City of Toronto’s Heritage Register and Intention to Designate at Toronto Preservation Board on Monday, January 27, 2020

On January 27, 2020, Toronto Preservation Board will review report from Heritage Preservation Services recommending that 41 Wabash Avenue be included on the City of Toronto Heritage Register and state an intention to designate the property for its cultural heritage value. It also recommends that City Council approve the alterations proposed for this property.

The Report is available online at: http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2020.PB13.2

This item will be heard on January 27, 2020 after 9:30AM in Committee Room #4, 2nd floor, Toronto City Hall, 100 Queen St West. If you wish to attend TPB or submit written comment, please contact City Clerk, Attn: Ellen Devlin, Administrator, TPB, 416-392-7033, email teycc@toronto.ca.

Final report to TEYCC: February 5, 2020

The February 5, 2020 Toronto and East York Community Council (TEYCC) will be reviewing and voting on the Final Report regarding the proposed development application at 41 Wabash Avenue.

This application proposes a change in use from industrial to residential, and construction of a four-storey rear addition, and a fourth storey addition to the existing three-storey former warehouse building. Fifteen residential units are proposed.

The Staff report will be available online approximately 10 days prior to meeting at: http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/decisio...Prepare&decisionBodyId=1925#Meeting-2020.TE13

This item will be heard on February 5, 2020 after 10 AM in Committee Room #1, 2nd floor, Toronto City Hall, 100 Queen St West. If you wish to attend TEYCC or submit written comment, please contact City Clerk, Attn: Ellen Devlin, Administrator, TEYCC, 416-392-7033, email teycc@toronto.ca.

Reactions: PMT

Back