Toronto 401 Bay Street | 143.86m | 33s | Cadillac Fairview | WZMH

Sorry to hear about your situation D_T. It's tough to predict how long this job will take to complete; every project moves at its own pace, depending on how many people/sub-contractors have been hired to take on the work, how quickly their materials come in, etc.

Pic taken Dec 1, 2018

M5Jy1Er.jpg

Midway through, it's so difficult to tell just how inept this recalling is. In a survey, I wouldn't know whether to check off
  • somewhat inept
  • totally inept
  • beyond inept
I suspect when all is said and done, it will be difficult to choose between two of those.

Thanks Cadillac Fairview, for blessing our city with such an ugly and horrific eyesore of a monstrosity that every Torontonian and tourist can enjoy for decades to come!

I find it ok, but what bugs me more is the top of the building, and for now the remaining concrete exteriors.

I think the point was that we have so much garbage going up in the city right now that many of us have practically become numb to it. It's obvious that this won't change no matter how much we complain or criticize it.

Have you seen this hot garbage in person? If you havent than your sentiment would change very quickly once you go take a look up close.

So is this further evidence of the 'progress' you've elsewhere identified and celebrated?

Did I say it was? No. But thank you for assuming.

This thread has been extremely overdramatic since the beginning, and I don't think it has been justified for the most part. People acting like this is the worst thing to happen to the city need to get a grip.

This thread has been extremely overdramatic since the beginning, and I don't think it has been justified for the most part. People acting like this is the worst thing to happen to the city need to get a grip.
I'm kinda with you on this one. I don't get the sudden over the top hate on the cheap cladding here, considering the hate is coming from some of the same people pushing for "wait until it's finished" mantra on projects like Daniel's City of The Arts condo towers currently being clad in the same materials. Whatever happened to the mantra in this thread?

Seeing as this garbage re-clad ruins the great historical envelope we had at all 4 corners of Queen and Bay, i'd say that yes, it is one of the worst things that has happened in this city from a developmental perspective in the last decade.

This thing is horrid in every way, shape, and form imaginable.

Back