Toronto 401 Bay Street | 143.86m | 33s | Cadillac Fairview | WZMH

This podium was clearly meant as a 'Blank Canvass' for walk-by improvised public art. It's got potential. UT members should organize with local artists to put up some art in this, expressing their feelings and all... 🙃

View attachment 407647
Whoever designed that podium reclad clearly meant it to be a tabula rasa. What a genius! ;)

20220827_142638.jpg
20220827_142752.jpg
20220827_143052.jpg
20220827_143127.jpg

Don't see what's so bad with the cladding, it's not exactly the highest quality but at least it's clean and different from the usual.

Most modern buildings look too similar at the podium so at least people walking by will never get lost.

Don't see what's so bad with the cladding, it's not exactly the highest quality but at least it's clean and different from the usual.

Most modern buildings look too similar at the podium so at least people walking by will never get lost.
I very seldom block UTers but this is one of the stupidest comments I have read around here recently. Farewell.

I very seldom block UTers but this is one of the stupidest comments I have read around here recently. Farewell.
I just wish the UT webmaster would write a few lines of code so "Ignore" includes not just blocking the comment itself, but also the dozens of useless thread bumps associated with comments from an individual being "Ignored".

It's annoying to think something new and of interest might be happening in a thread (like "The One"), only to discover it's just been bumped yet again by more crapola.

The white patio fence from SAP doesn't help matters. They could have added some colour to break up the bleached out look. Maybe some planters too?

I just wish the UT webmaster would write a few lines of code so "Ignore" includes not just blocking the comment itself, but also the dozens of useless thread bumps associated with comments from an individual being "Ignored".

It's annoying to think something new and of interest might be happening in a thread (like "The One"), only to discover it's just been bumped yet again by more crapola.
One other small bug to watch out for - once a UTer is blocked, any threads which they may have started will no longer be visible. The only way to tell that this has happened is when on the main 'Forum' page, the first thread name in the Forum section entry (to the right of the of the Forum section name) does not show up at the top of the list after selecting that forum. One has to go back to the main Forum menu, and select the link from there, go to the bottom of the first page, select Show Ignored Content, go to the top of the page, and find out who started the thread. If the thread is of interest, it is necessary to Unignore that contributor.

I have asked that the Ignore function not prevent threads started by someone on my Ignore list from being shown - but no such luck so far.

If the thread is of interest, it is necessary to Unignore that contributor.
I'm not saying it's impossible, but bettin' it's highly unlikely that any of the folks I have padlocked away in the basement... would start a thread I'd want to read. ;)

Well, as I've said, the design is like a real-life version of a callow, message-boarder's fantasy rendering of a "tired, dated" building "refreshed". And I guess in a case like this, the poster's perspective is akin to that of such a message-boarder--incapable of seeing this as a real-life building, with a real-life history behind it and a real-life urban context. They just see it as a meme...

Back