Toronto 401 Bay Street | 143.86m | 33s | Cadillac Fairview | WZMH

The one "positive" I'm seeing in this is Old City Hall will contrast against the lighter tower now instead of a brownish wash.

20191014_153225.jpg

20191014_153229.jpg

20191014_153350.jpg

^If only they used that same glass throughout the whole building, then this thing would actually look half decent. Instead of, you know, the mishmashed glassed that has been slapped all around.

Yet another CF legacy project?.

I hope this tower look better than 1960's design but I don't want to see more tower with re-cladding like enough like we already got 6 tower with re-cladding like first canadian place, 95 wellington west, 120 & 130 adelaide west, 401 bay street and 60 bloor west, right? or what? there have any more re-cladding tower project?

The fact this is apparently the world's slowest recladding project makes it even worse. While I can't say I loved the original building, there had to be better ways to modernise it than this mess.

Just like North Korea? Ryugyong Hotel is currently listed by Guinness World Records as being the tallest unoccupied building in the world so you say 401 Bay Street (Formerly Simpson Tower) is the world's slowest recladding project then how come they not on list by Guinness World Records?

Last edited:
I'm still confused as to why the glazing on the East and West sides are different. The East side looks actually somewhat acceptable, while the West (and North for that matter) side is horrific.

Back