Toronto 400 Wellington West | 38m | 12s | Sorbara | SMV

You may want to start a thread in the real estate section of UT for this question before the mods intervene. I am glad some other folks are looking at this project and interest is up. Time for Sorbara to stoke the fire on marketing!

Hello,

I recently went by the 400Wellington presentation centre. Seems like the units have not been selling. The location looks prime, the units look nice, and I think the building looks nice too. Not one of those all glass and steel looking things...

I was wondering if anyone knows why the units aren't selling....

Last edited:
Grass and steel? If only!

musee-du-quai-branlys-living-wall.jpg

I really don't know what to make of this project. The location is pretty good, sort of off the main drags but still right downtown, which I think is good. Floorplans look decent enough as well, and where else can you say that Brassaii is in your 'backyard'?

But then there's the other side. What are the prices? I have no idea. When I tried to find that out earlier this year when I was looking for a place I gave them a call, and nobody ever answered the phone, nobody ever called me back, nobody ever sent me an email. I have hardly seen any ads for this place anywhere. Even the presentation centre's hours were pathetic, if I remember correctly they were open something like 2 days a week for a ground total of 12 hours. I would also assume that even if you managed to overcome the lack of an actual sales staff you probably wouldn't want to live immediately next to Hyde nightclub.

It's almost like they don't want to sell this place. But like I said, my experience was from earlier this year, things may have changed by now.

Ugh... I didn't realize there was a night club right there. Good call. I live on King now and having the Dew and a loud neighbour is driving me crazy! I can't imagine living next to a club! Was hoping Wellington would have been a quiet alternative to King...

I have a price list.. picked it up last night. Price/sqft is 470-500...
Parking is extra at 35,000.
locker at 3,500.

you probably wouldn't want to live immediately next to Hyde nightclub.
I live nearby and that place is actually quite small and harmless compared to many other clubs in the area. Don't be too worried about that.

How do you like the area?

I think that 400 Wellington is a prime location. I can't imagine that sales would have been as slow as they have been. Some say its their poor marketing... Maybe there are too many west end projects, Freed has lots of developments, and so does Lamb...

There's nothing wrong with the neighbourhood, but maybe it's a bit too much of a frontier for some (stupid) people with the south side being a little industrial still.

Wellington is a quiet street compared to King, and the city has a grand boulevard plan for it including the rejuvenation of the bookend parks.

Latest Update!

The developer is going to relaunch this project next month (confirmed with Sorbara). The have sold some units in the last couple of weeks, even though they are not trying that hard and awaiting the relaunch. They already have their excavation and shoring permit, so let's hope that we get started in the spring!

I will in the next couple of weeks do an overview of Wellington street projects to give everyone what the future will hold for this fabulous avenue!

Hint of New Marketing Program

Drove by the sales office last night and there was a new window sticker of a bunch of model dudes dressed in white with the word ONE. Looks like it was just part of a multi-panel window dressing.

Some new marketing action finally.

New hoarding going up.

New hoarding going up

4150365418_1aef20c2e7_b.jpg

4150367380_0ec79bdb9c_b.jpg

4150366428_c8015be915_b.jpg

Maybe they'll be protecting some of the mature trees?
4149609291_2e1ded511f_b.jpg

Notice the hoarding starts on the South side of the sidewalk then continues on the North side?
4149608589_dae7ce3454_b.jpg

Its good news that Sorbara is finally pushing this. I found this project a bit odd at first considering its across from industrial uses, but once I got over that, this residential building will be a nice fit. Its never too noisy and conveniently located close to King and Spadina.

Back