Toronto 400 King West | 157.37m | 48s | Plaza | BDP Quadrangle

This sucks. It's Plaza, so we always knew it would suck, but this really does suck. They're trying to get 15 units per floor on some levels in the tower.

Love sleeping in my kitchen!

View attachment 268309
Why even have a bathroom and a kitchen inside the unit? Make a communal bathroom and kitchen instead. Efficiency guys!

I feel indifferent about the design of the tower and podium at this point, but the street level is terrible. Obviously chain retail and developers love how all glass facades offer transparency but they create bland retail and blank walls at the pedestrian scale. If the tower and podium actually had an interesting design I don't think it would matter so much. Street diversification is important and what makes cities interesting, especially in prominent downtown locations such as this.

Last edited:
I feel indifferent about the design of the tower and podium at this point, but the street level is terrible. Obviously chain retail and developers love how all glass facades offer transparency but they create bland retail and blank walls at the pedestrian scale. If the tower and podium actually had an interesting design I don't think it would matter so much. Street diversification is important and what makes cities interesting, especially in prominent downtown locations such as this.
The streetscape is awful, bland, boring
Literally just boring glass like everywhere else nothing inline with the neighbourhood and heritage architecture
It's sad and disappointing for such a prominent corner

Marketing has begun for this project:

1602732567178.png

Last edited:
A bit new to this. What does this zoning appeal imply? Charlotte King Residences Corp. is part of Plaza right?
Yes, so it means that the zoning for this building is approved. The information would not have been put in this thread if it did not concern the thread topic.

This sucks. It's Plaza, so we always knew it would suck, but this really does suck. They're trying to get 15 units per floor on some levels in the tower.

Love sleeping in my kitchen!

View attachment 268309
Not going to happen anymore. Two months later it looks like people can't sell their micro condos for 10-20% below what they were selling them for 1 year ago. The sub 500sqft market it is totally dead. They are going to have to redo some floor layouts if they want to sell. No one is buy sub-500sqft right now.

Back